• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

has anyone had a positive outcome from these monsters?

dylan02
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

having problems with minicredit, and from a loan of £100 it has already jumped to over £300 in 2 weeks, ive read and read these forums and cant find anyone that has been dealt with positively, there is no proper email address for them,have sent some via their website but they are not traceable so no proof as to what ive said, no other method of paying them apart from debit card, mine has been cancelled and money secured etc, anyone got an email address for them? anyone got bank details for them? how can i pay them without a debit card?? any help with letters or info for them would be great.

I got mine passed to OPOS and then offered a full and final settlement lower than what the original loan and interest was, and paid it with no problems at all.

how long did it take for them to pass it to opus? and did you ask them to do this? and how did you pay? i really dont want to give them my new debit card details? thank you

Took about 6 weeks from when i asked for a "hardship activation", Then OPOS sent me an email. In the 6 weeks i had put a complaint into the OFT and got a reference number, the compllaint outlined how Minicredit had put pn so many charge etc. I included the OFT ref in the email back to OPOS and then a family member paid for me with their debit card, also recorded the call and got all offers in wirting.

Took about 6 weeks from when i asked for a "hardship activation", Then OPOS sent me an email. In the 6 weeks i had put a complaint into the OFT and got a reference number, the compllaint outlined how Minicredit had put pn so many charge etc. I included the OFT ref in the email back to OPOS and then a family member paid for me with their debit card, also recorded the call and got all offers in wirting.

really appreciate your reply, thank you. did you do the hardship activation online? did you do the oft complaint by email and if so do you have their email address to hand? :)

Whatever you do, never give them your debit card details or they will more than likely raid your bank account. Only pay them by standing order/bacs or faster payment. Loan plus one months interest only per OFT guidelines, all their other charges are scandalous to put it mildly.

Whatever you do, never give them your debit card details or they will more than likely raid your bank account. Only pay them by standing order/bacs or faster payment. Loan plus one months interest only per OFT guidelines, all their other charges are scandalous to put it mildly.

the trouble with minicredit, and have read this alot on here, you dont seem to be able to pay them any other way, they wont give you bank details or let you pay by any other method than a debit card, so not sure what do to.

Someone has posted bank details for opos on a thread in theses forums,

Bank - RBS?

Account name - Opos Ltd

Sort Code - 83-07-06

Account Number - 10526682.

You need to include your opos ref number when making any payment

ok thats brill thank you, but ive got to try to get minicredit to send it to opus first! i know its their inhouse dca but at the moment the debt has gone from £117 owing to over £300 in 2 weeks!! but will keep those details in the hope that i get to deal with opus.

Hi, I had a loan from these diots, £100 but was paid £80, went up to £930, complained to them repeatedley, then the FOS involved, after a number of weeks, the FOS called, and i didnt have to pay a penny, if you need any help let me know i

Hi, I had a loan from these diots, £100 but was paid £80, went up to £930, complained to them repeatedley, then the FOS involved, after a number of weeks, the FOS called, and i didnt have to pay a penny, if you need any help let me know i

hi aww thank you all so much, feel bit better already, i have a serious illness and have had major surgery and cant cope with much more, whats best way to complain to fos etc and what do i put in email to them? any help is def welcome, thank you

I missed a payment back in June due to the Natwest problems and my salary not being paid in on time, which sent me into a financial tailspin which I am still chasing the Natwest for compensation over (have got £300 so far).

I sent Microcredit a recorded delivery letter and an email, both of which they never responded too, and a follow up reminder was also sent. I have had no correspondence from them since June, or their recovery agency OPUS. My account is blocked on-line now but the last time I was able to check, 31st July, the claimed outstanding amount was £1119.00 from a £450.00 principal loan. So, I waited the 8 weeks and have written a letter of complaint to the FOS stating they are failing to communicate in writing as I expressly requested detailing the breakdown of the amount they claimed I owed which was about £700ish at the time I wrote the letter...

I also recorded receiving a text from them saying they were aware of the Natwest problems in advance of the due date but would attempt to collect anyway and failure would result in additional charges blah blah. I had my bank account frozen and swapped my DDs and salary payment onto another account as a precautionary measure after hearing horror stories on the internet of unauthorized debits etc. and I have since closed the account.

The complaint was made to the FOS on the 31st July so hopefully I will get a response in the next week or so.

I have no problem paying the principal + 1 months interest, but if they can't be bothered to communicate they won't receive a penny and I will be seeking damages via the FOS for stress and my time in resolving the matter, which will include writing to the three credit reference agencies with the outcome of the FOS investigation.

It is only a matter of time until the new bill will be passed in Parliament that will give the OFT the power to [deal with] these companies either into bankruptcy or prison :D

Edited by wastryingtohelpbutgotburn
Naughty naughty

ive had an email back form minicredit who have now said i owe £353, should have paid back £117 only 2 weeks ago!! i asked for a hardship application, which they have said its available for me to fill in when i log on, and then have to fax it to them, dont have access to fax! do i fill it all out as they have asked, its seems quite intrusive, anyone know whats best thing to do please?

i bank with natwest and did everything was advised from this great forum, cancelled cpas etc etc,and thought they wouldnt be able to take any money from my account, today £25 has been taken and microcredit sent an email to me with a receipt for the payment, method they used was paypoint! waiting for manager from bank to ring me back, but anyone advice what to do next please, had a loan for £100 was due on 5th/11 and as at today i apparently owe £273, i assume thats after the £25 has been included! i should have paid back £117,so what do i owe?? any help most welcome thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Please do tell more!

Please do tell more!

hi yes please, do you have a letter that i could send to fos etc. minicredit are being so threatening and im worried sick, the latest email says if i dont pay by feb i will owe £1866!! for a £100 loan! i geniuely have a very serious illness and the stress is making me worse, i have had managed to get repayment plans with wonga, txt loans (who were brilliant i have to say and the best so far for sorting out) and payday express, who are also a pain, any help you can give would be brill

No. i have been trying to pay via bank transfer since the end on Oct 12, now they state my debt is £565.00 and still growing, but they will give the details once the debt is with their collector, which will add fees BLACKMAIL. Just want to pay them but they refuse my payment.

hi there, get reporting to FOS, have you tried to contact mini credit, i had numerous emails requesting repayment plan, tell them you are willing to pay initial loan, plus 1 months interest. Put a formal complaint into mini credit, wit for there response which will be a load of crap.