being accused for shoplifting by the manager of SUPERDRUG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was today to superdrug to exchange an item which i had bought a month ago .

the shop assistant suggested me to see the manager about that reason . manager came and i was talking about this problem and i my two children 2.and half and 4 years old were touching things in the shop I was trying to keeep them undercontrol as much as i could and at the same time carring the conversation with the manager.

the conversation was carrying on at the exit door in the shop floor and I did not move from there till i finish the conversation with this manager)

after finishing the conversation i turned the back on her and pushed the buggy out .at that moment the signal on the store went on and I was not aware at all what was happening. I checked in the buggy if in case my children had put anything as i was busy talking with manager. after 3 attempts to find out why was that signal on the manager pointed out a bubble bath 3.99 pound which my daughter had hiden in a shopping basket .

I felt embarased about that and I shouted to my doughter handing the buble bath to the manager.

at that moment she told me to go back in the shop and ask one of the assistant to call the security. that really upsetted me so much as obviously she was accusing me about something that i did not do it (she was more aware than anyone else about that as i was talking all time with her) then I could see that she did not give a damm to make sense but benefiting from this situation to make it even more drastic.

she left me and two kids for 2 hours waiting for the police to come and when the police asked her to check the camera she said that there were no camera in the shop (giving her the right to twist the story as she liked it for the benefit of giving herself a name as a "shoplifter catcher" and giving me a very bad name.

the police being in that position me being the accused person and she being accuser took her side and she decide to ban me from that shop for no reason just because that useless and time waster manager decided to do that.

i m very upset about the whole situation i have been put through and I realy dont know what to do to clear my name and make that manager understand that accusing people just because that suits you is not the way to deal with.

please help me as i m not used with this situation before and i dont really know where to really ask for a legal help. WHAT SHALL I DO

Edited by honeybee13
Putting in some spacing for easier reading.

Little that you can do apart from complaining to Superdrug's Head Office. Explain CLEARLY what happened and your extreme anger at how the manager handled what was a very simple incident where your children took an item whilst you were distracted and talking to the manager and you felt humiliated at the police being called without good reason.

Doubt it will get you anywhere but it might make you feel better.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Is it advisable to talk to CAB to get a lawyer or is it just waste of nerves! I m very upset as the whole situatin got out of conrol as I get very emotional when someone accuse me about something that was very obvious was an incident from the kids . I really want to teach that nasty manager a good lesson. but apart of writing the superdrug store a letter (I doubt it very much they will do much appart of appraising her) what organisation could see the story from the real point of view. oh god I m very very upset and I feel very humiliated.

You could demand an apology for the way that you were treated. They were clearly over the top with the way that they called the police - at least they took the right action!

You could also complain that the manager only acted on the alarm. To prosecute they would really need to have seen you pick the goods, to have kept you in vision all of the time until you left the shop without paying on purpose. Clearly they didn't do that.

That left you and your children kicking your heals for 2 hours waiting for the police when they had no real reason for holding you - maybe this amounts unlawful imprisonment. Did you feel that you were unable to leave?

Perhaps you could ask for compensation for those 2 hours for the 3 of you - at a suitably high rate since they would effectively be employing you as a child minder for that time.

You might also want to take into account how you and your children were treated for those 2 hours, whether it was a safe environment for you and your children etc

By now you will probably have realised that I would cause them as much trouble as possible without getting too obsessed with it ... :-)

I was being kept in a store room as big as a small toilet and my children where hungry and started to eat anything i had in the shopping bags.

the nasty manager was in and out all the time and in one occasion my little son was standing in that room behind the door so when she open the door she smashed his head with it. she felt embarrased and because I m that stupid nice person (I really said that incidents happen) I really regret saying that as I could had treated her in the same way she treated me only in that case she abused with a child. One security was standing with me all the time and because I have difficulty to speak english ( they were just threatning me and sneegering with each other. the humilation was so bad. when I left the store the signal went on again probably the item which I wanted to returned (I had the receipe for that) had not scaned well and the police was agian trying to find out what was going on, and I had to open the bag again in which I had a small pack of meat from sainsbury and this nasty manager said by being sarcastic " maybe is the meat" the police gave an angry look to her and left the shop with me. I m so upset that I cant express myself as good as I my writting and because of getting emotional it made me look so bad, and I could not stand for my rights as I should . I m totally devistated from that incident that escalated on this state and leaving me with all that disguist and anger towards all the staff that took part in that incident. Please could you help me to put this fact in well constructed manner so I could make sense of things and people who I m going to write will sense in all that story.

So, the child takes something whilst you are talking to the manager. How exactly did they suppose that you managed to steal the item? Did you go anywhere near the display where the item was? Did you go into the store and straight to the staff member who then called the manager? Were you with a member of staff all the time?

How were you got into this small room? Was force, or the threat of force, used? Did you feel that they would use force? If so, this could be assault. If the manager had no cause to believe that you had stolen the item, yet made a complaint of theft against you to the police, this would certainly be perverting the course of justice.

According to her the reason that I was kept in that room till police arrived was because I shout at her, of course I would shout at her because she was making rediculus alegation when she knew that i did not even move from the place,

I was not forced to go to that room, but i felt i was kept that for no reason at all just because that nasty manager was an racist creature that believed that the world should go aroud her, she kept me and my two children two securities and two police officer had to come all way down just to listen to her pathetic story being twisted as much as she could. to be honest I stayed in there because I wanted to see the camera so that police officer would see the real story and not her pathetic accusations. but at the end she said they had no camera .

Just because the manager says there is no camera doesn't mean that there isn't CCTV, just that if there is that they didn't want anyone to see it.

Shouting at the manager isn't a reason for keeping you in a room. There was no reason to detain you.

Just because the manager says there is no camera doesn't mean that there isn't CCTV, just that if there is that they didn't want anyone to see it.

Shouting at the manager isn't a reason for keeping you in a room. There was no reason to detain you.

thankyou all for your kind replies, your answers are very much appreciated. How can I put all that abuse done to me and my children in a complain letter?