Scammed by National company...help please

kc_31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ouch! was stung buy NAC too. Had my lovely frrelander towed to them and was told gear box, clutch ect gone cost me £1,100. to get my baby road worthy again, found another garage who would do the work for £884. but was told by NAC if I took my car back they would charge me for storage and work done so far plus to put it back together plus towing to other garage, typical little woman against big gagage felt totally humiliated so let them get on with it, wrote to MD and complained only to be fobbed off with free Mot next time, not bad considering they failed me on this one, took it to another garage for second opinion (mot) only to find out they should have advised me not failed me, Thanks guys reading your posts has given me a second wind. will keep you informed.................

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was being smart by going online to get a discount for the same company that "KC 31" mentioned for £37.76. This was a mistake because this is how they lure customers to their money making garage at Croydon (Shirley Road) - what a tricky business model. I arrived at 8.10am and waiting patiently until 8.30am for the garage to open. The service was so poor that I had to wait until 11am for the MOT guy to come back from an errant - I was not offered any drinks or anything - not even a smile. I was the first and only MOT customer on a Saturday - very dodgy, right?

Obviously they failed my 1999 car - it drives perfectly and I never had a problem with it. The reason was ridiculous. The fault - the wipers. It had an insignificant tear in the rubber of about 1cm on each side, but was working perfectly and keeping the windscreen clear of water. I later changed it myself for 11 pounds.

Next, they said my brake fluid was slightly leaking and they had perform an overhaul on the braking system for £800 at least! The same unfriendly, moody garage guy (who was hours late for my "before 10.30am" appointment) was very shrewd and used scaring tactics (trying to use very technical terms) to make me leave my car at NW for service. The car however, passed the braking test without any issues. You can receive better customer service at Tesco.

Thankfully, I had enough common sense NOT to have them service. If you think you can save on the MOT price, think again.

In conclusion, I got my MOT and repair done for just less than £200 at a small but reputable garage run by a group of experienced mechanics.