woolwich - who to sue???Barclays t/a woolwich or woolwich...

traceyrmj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can someone advse who to put as the defendant on my paperwork? i knwo they are barclays bank plc t/a the woolwich ltd. but doesnt woolwich being a LTD company make them a seperate legal entity and therefore sue-able? as im banking with woolwich im sure i should name them as defendant but the registered address is that of barclays who have been mainly dealing eith my complaint. VVV confused here. not a rush as i havent got to file n1 for a couple of weeks but im getting them all ready and not sure where to go with this one.

tj

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pleae please can someone help urgently. I seem to be coming to the end of the road with my claim against Woolwich/Barclays. They have offered settlement but there is some discrepancy with their figures and mine. Am still unsure really which charges are to be repaid and which are. this is the basis for the discrepancy and i cant understand the codes they use. On the list of charges, these are the abbreviations used - DC/MC/OD/RC/UC/IC. I do understand the OD for overdraft, RC for returned cheques and have calculated these. But am lost on the rst, specifically IC for which they have NOT added any at all in the final settlement of £2600. i have noticed that none with IC written next to it have been refunded to me. Does it stand for 'interest charge' and is not refundable? would be so grateful for clarification so i can agree to an amount with this desperate Dino fellow from Barclays and halt sending my bundle to the courts on the deadline of tomorrow 21st Feb, as my court date is 7/3/07. Million thanks in advance. Hopefully i can get the rsponse on my email address of [email protected], as i find it hard to get replies from this site

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi fusewire

Once you commence legal action (will you will at some point have to do), the matter will automatically be referred to Barclays Legal & Litigation at their Head Office at Churchill Place.

You may begin receiving correspondence from both Woolwich Customer Care / Openplan and Barclays Litigation Team.

This is because Woolwich staff have limited duties in respect of legal matters and their authorisation always comes from Barclays Head Office.

I have always tried to deal with H/O - a question of speaking to the organ grinder instead of his monkey :D

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 1 month later...