Lowell/barclaycard

manther
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

i was given good advice with a debt i had chasing me, by peeps from here so i thought i would try again with a different query.

I have been paying an old barclaycard debt to aktiv for a while. when i First started paying it was around the £900 mark, i am now down to about £360 which i am paying at £20 pw.

My query is not regarding the fact that i owe the money, i know i do, but what i want to know is...... when i had the barclaycard i had a limit of £500 with all the charges etc that were added this became nearly £1000, can i write to aktiv and claim unfair charges, or do i follow another route i.e asking to see a copy of the original agreement etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work that has been done here......this is a great site helping loads of peeps like myself sleep at night:)

manther x

Guest ian cognito

Claim the charges back off Barclaycard, then use that to pay off the remaining debt.......oh and keep the change!!!!!

Hi Jan

Thanks for the quick answer, just 1 more question (for now lol) what letter would i need to send to them and would i just quote the reference number from lowells for them to be able to track the account?

Thanks again

Sam x

Guest ian cognito

You need to send them the SAR letter:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Take it you no longer have the original account details, they should be able to trace it from name and address but include the reference you have to make i easier for them! If you have changed address since you had the account, ou may need to pri=ovide some proof of ID/new address.

Good luck