Credit Card Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi very new to this.

To cut a long story short I split up with my long term girlfriend and inherited most of the debt. The debt comes in the shape of a credit card which is at £5000 or just below it.

I thought I could try and get it down to 3500-4000 then get a loan to pay it off, but I am stuck paying £110 minimum payment a month and after rent and council tax, bills etc I cant afford anything else.

I have been thinking of stuff to sell. But all I have is my Les Paul which is worth around £350.

I really need help as to how to start to settle this credit card debt as paying the minimum every month is getting me nowhere.

I did think to speak to Barclaycard but I don't know if that is a good idea.

Also I have had the credit card since 2001 and I haven't claimed anything regarding PPI?

Hi James and welcome to Cag!

I'm sure there is a letter in the Library asking to stop interest, not sure if it will fit your circumstances, but well worth a look.

Do you have late payment/ppi charges you can reclaim?

You could send the SAR to find out this infomation.

Jogs

I was in a simliar situation once and the credit card company actually did stop interest after I had contacted them. Back then I couldn't even afford to pay all of the interest every month so of course my debt grew and grew. Anyway since then I haven't used a credit card anymore.

Never get another loan to pay off a debt. Work out your full incomings and outgoings, and work out a rate of repayment you can realistically afford. If you prove this to a creditor by way of a budget summary, theyve pretty much got no choice but to accept it. Should they try and take you to court, you can show a judge your financial circumstances and he will grant the order for how much you can repay, or he may even lessen it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D