Can anyone advise me on solicitors charges????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Perplexed

I would expect an itemised bill confirming the hours and costs spent. This CAB info will help you.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/law_w/law_legal_system_e/law_taking_legal_action_e/using_a_solicitor.htm

Be aware that if you enter into a dispute about a solicitors bill, the cards are stacked against you. Someone I know made a complaint and the Solicitors Regulatory Authority appointed a case handler, who after 6 months agreed that the Solicitors bill was fair. Just ask the Solicitor for more information and query if there is anything additional to the lump sum you had already paid.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxxxxx and I am sorry to bother you. I am a bit confused, as I thought that I had paid a relevant sum upfront to cover the cost of the work.

Can you please confirm that I am not mistaken in this and that no further sums are due. If this is not the case, can you please clarify the situation and provide further information.

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Letter sounds ok to me. The solicitor should have made notes, as to how their fees were being paid. Perhaps their secretary has just made a mistake.

Anyway send the email and you will find out.

Send by email and you may get a quicker response.

Don't worry about upsetting the solicitor, which your note would not do anyway, as you are not complaining, just querying. They are probably pretty thick skinned and get used to people querying everything. That is my impression, whenever I have dealt with solicitors.

The point is that under the SRA rules, they have to provide clear info on the charges and fees due. They have obviously failed to do this, as otherwise you would not be raising the query.