Payment Break Plan

meeru
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I do have my own thread which I will stick to, but I am asking this here as I think it might be useful to others.

When I first got my credit card, I was paying a percentage each month towards a payment break plan.

A few years later when I came out of work I took up the payment break plan and had to send the bank proof of benefits each month.

After two years they said that the plan had reached the limit and now I would have to pay the account off.

I arranged to pay them £40 pcm and I have stuck to it so far. However, I notice I am still paying approx £8 pcm (give or take a few pence) towards this plan.

Why am I still paying into a payment break plan when I have an arrangement to pay and are they charges I could claim back?

I am posting here as a few may have come across this and there could be (hopefully) so invaluable advice given.

Thanks

Cahoot - 2006

*** 08/06 - Sent Data Protection Act & £10 cheque *** 15/06 - Recieved info & cheque back ***23/06 - Sent letter to reclaim charges *** 07/07 - No response (after 14 days) *** 28/07 - Sent LBA ***

08/08 - Got response telling me to 'bog off' *** 31/08 - MCOL filed *** 03/10 - 50% offered and refused!

Monument - 2006

***31/08 - Sent DPA & £10 cheque

Anyone?

Cahoot - 2006

*** 08/06 - Sent Data Protection Act & £10 cheque *** 15/06 - Recieved info & cheque back ***23/06 - Sent letter to reclaim charges *** 07/07 - No response (after 14 days) *** 28/07 - Sent LBA ***

08/08 - Got response telling me to 'bog off' *** 31/08 - MCOL filed *** 03/10 - 50% offered and refused!

Monument - 2006

***31/08 - Sent DPA & £10 cheque