request for refund sent

msneddon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought the process was to send 2 letters before action . I have done this and as the last 6 months of charges wont amount to very much I probably have most of the informatin I need. More advice about the best way to persue refund under Scotish Law would be helpfull.

That's why you should read the FAQ. The process is roughly as follows (assuming it all goes to OUR plan)

1. Send DPA letter to find out what you've been charged, as far back as you can go - Scotland=5 years - and to find out if any manual interventions occurred.
  2. Count your charges, and find out how much interest they charged you on them.
  3. Send the preliminary letter asking for your money back and telling them what bad people they are. Give them 14 days to agree to pay.
  4. Send the letter before action which basically rubs in the bad people angle again and says "pay up in 14 days or be my b!tch (go to court)"
  5. File your court claim and add 8%pa interest if applicable (dunno if it still applies in Scotland)
  6. Fill in the allocation questionnaire and send it to the court and the defendant
  7. Usually after filing a defence the defendant pays up
  8. Go to court if 7 doesn't happen and get your money awarded to you
  9. Go home and spend it

hi there STONELAUGHTER or anyone else that can help. i have been away and only just got back but basically i have got all my statements for the past six years still and worked out all my charges adding up to about £2,700 for the past six years and that is with the interest on top. i have sent them a letter saying action before court and did so on friday the 6 of may, still no reply so i phoned them yesterday ( oh i sent the letter to my local branch by the way), i asked if they recieved it and a nice young lady said she had and a response was sent on saturday but may have made the last post so i should get it today. i wake up to know letter, my thinking is she wrote the letter after i spoke to her and shall get it in the morning. could anyone tell me what reply to expect and if it's not what im after as im sure it won't be then what stage to move on to and how to get the next copy of the letter please. just one last thing to make you all laugh, seeing as this is all about charges i recieved my statement for last month, and this was after i sent my unhappy letter and to my surprise the cheeky gits have put on there another £105 charges.

regards gav

Guest Lueeze

Thats ok,

Choose which forum you want the post in, and claick on the button that says new thread. It will ask for a title and then one you are done send it.

If you still have problems I can do it for you, PM me, (top right hand corner click on Private messgaes)

Lou x

hi there i would love to be able to help you with that my friend but unfortunately i can not.

but if there is someone passing through and reading this then please do answer as i myself would also like to know as i have three seperate claims that need to be done myself. sorry i could not help

gav

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks