request for refund sent

msneddon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have requested a estemated refund of £1,000 for charges taken by abbey in the passed 7 months. Letter sent after getting nowhere on the phone. I was told by costomer services that they were a bussiness. My account has had a restriction plassed on it preventing me from using my card. I was informed that the restriction would stay in place untill charges were collected on the due date 24/3 despite being under my overdraft limit. The restriction has been in place since the beging of Feb. As charges have had a knock on effect to untill this month they are still refusing lift the restriction untill they get this months charges. I have had no letters detailing charges Only one delivered 8 days from dated to inform me I had eceeded my overdraft limit by £190 (due to charges). Can they do this?

It seems to me they are a law unto themselves. Have you opened a parachute account elsewhere? I would do so now if I were you.

Go for it - get those charges back!! :)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

The postman has arrive with a very polite letter from abbey informing me that one of their team will investigate my complaint as high quality customer service is of great importance to them. But apparently it will take 4 weeks to investigate and if they can't carry out a though investigatio in this time they will let me know. Also enclosed is a customer satisfaction leflet explaining, they whant to provide a first class service and will keep me fully informed and send me a final response within 8 weeks. Has anyone recieved a letter like this. Should I give them 8 weeks to reply?

NO . you stick to the time limits you have stated do not let them dictate to you as this is a stalling tactic.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

i had this restriction with my bank account. at the time i also had the instant plus account. so every time i got paid I had to phone up and transfer money

Abbey (Charges on 3 accounts and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 30/03/06 - 40 days limit is 9th May - Recieved DPA printouts 05/04/06 with microfiche "fob off" letter. <p>Barclaycard (Charges on 1 account and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 03/04/06 - 40 days limit is 13th May - Recieved some statements 08/04/06 along with DPA printout and a microfiche "fob off" letter. Claim for £340 sent 11/04/06

NO . you stick to the time limits you have stated do not let them dictate to you as this is a stalling tactic.

Agreed!

Keep us updated :D

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

I made a complaint asnd got the same letter. My gripe followed the almost instantaneous deduction of more than £200 from my account because I was overdrawn by £13 for a day.

The first four week complaint led to a £50 refund. That wasn't good enough and I let them know stating all of it back within 14 days or court action will follow. Another four week response duly arrived followed 15 days later by news of a further £155 refund - result!

Stick to your guns. tell them eight weeks is not good enough and give them your timetable or see you in court.

Please stick to your original thread , these posts have been moved and merged

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

sent off another letter saying 4 weeks for a reply was not on and if I dont get a refund within 14 days I will make a claim. I also told them their call centre staff in India never understand what you are asking them and because my account is still restricted calls cost a small fortune which also add to their profits.

Had the restriction lifted from my account yesteday after pointing out it had been in place 6 weeks and my account has been in order for this period of time. I also recieved advice as how not to incur charges. This went in one ear and out the other. Still had no reply from 2nd letter. Intend to proceed with a claim this time next week if I dont get satisfaction.

• 2 weeks later...

No I havent sent DPA yet but I receieved 2 letters today both dated 28th April . 1 saying they need another 4 weeks to investigate andthe other with an offer of £235 and £245 fee waiver for next month. I phoned and told them this was not realistic as charges amounted to £1200 since last October and also explained I would be requesting statments I did not have as I am now prepaired to claim through court. The very polite lady said she would phone latter to tell me when I would expect to recieve these and would pass my message of disapointment on to the customers resolution manager. Do you know if anyone has actually recieved a realistic offer without claiming through court.

Guest Lueeze

Most people are now having to make a claim through court before they get paid, due to the amount of people now claiming!

Good Luck!

Lou x

Abbey phoned back yesterday to say my last years statements would be no problem but the rest were on micro finch and would take 14 days. No mention of payment. Should I go ahead with claim as I have a fairy good idea what the amount will be and the caller gave me another three hundred pounds to add to my list from her computer screen. Am I being nieve in thinking the process of obtaining the relevant information was easy.

Could someone answer my question on whether to go ahead and claim on an estimated amount. I would also like to ask if I should be claiming seperatly for charges incured for items they have paid and DD's they have bounced.

Yes you can estimate the amount , they will soon tell you if your claim is to high .You do not have to claim seperatley as long as your claim is under £5000

Also please use the search for ' microfiche' as this has been covered many times on the forum.

Please read the FAQ's as it is very important you fully understand what you are taking on.

doubts.

When I asked if I would have to put in seperate claims, as the ammout was £1400+ I failed to mention I was In Scotland . I an also unsure as to whether I should claim my branch here as the head office in England . please help.

Abbey kindly offered me £243 and a fee waiver of £235 which I refused. I requested statements for passed 2 years 18 worth arrived yesterday( requested 7 days ago) no mention of being charged and I was told the rest were on micrifinch and would be forwarded in a few days. 18 months worth of charges add up tt £1867 so as I am in Scotland I understand my best course of action is to claw them back via small claims court £750 at a time putting in my first claim today against my local branch. Could someone advise if I am following the correct proceedures.

Why didn't you read the FAQ and follow the process in the normal order? The more people follow the process in the same order the better as it shows the bank that we know what we're up to!

*wanders away, shaking head and muttering*

I thought the process was to send 2 letters before action . I have done this and as the last 6 months of charges wont amount to very much I probably have most of the informatin I need. More advice about the best way to persue refund under Scotish Law would be helpfull.

Most people are now having to make a claim through court before they get paid, due to the amount of people now claiming!

Good Luck!

Lou x

Ooerr Lueeze,

I'm was just about to type my Preliminary Approach letter and have just read your comment above. Is this true? are people now actually going to court ?

Don't know what to do now ........

Janey

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

The Consumer Action Group

Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.

Guest Lueeze

I dont mean attending court!!!!

I mean filling in court, and then they pay up.

Thats the trend for higher amounts!

dont worry hun!!!;) ;)

I dont mean attending court!!!!

I mean filling in court, and then they pay up.

Thats the trend for higher amounts!

dont worry hun!!!;) ;)

OK, that's good. Just got the collywobbles about starting the ball rolling and my charges total just over £1,010 for the last six years. I've been a customer of Abbey for 28 years, since I was 17 and sort of felt some (misguided) loyalty to them. But not since reading this forum. Now, I feel like I want to kick butt, especially as we just last month finally paid off our mortgage, which we again stayed loyal to them for the whole 28 years (!) and were not tempted to change to another bank to get cashback/more favourable terms etc., only for Abbey to stiff us for £225 redemption fees.

Thanks for your encouragement sweetie, gonna go for it - big hug from me.

Janey

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

The Consumer Action Group

Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks