Capital One Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, newbie to the group and would like to find out if anyone knows Cap One's latest policy on refunds?

I have just sent them my claim for £1500 Charges and interest over the last 5 years. I am concerned they might close my account and call in the debt - can they do this ? - I owe them considerably more but I'm determined not to let them away with it.

PS I notice they have recently reduced their charges to £12 in line with the OFT reccomendations.

Hi and welcome

It is not often that they close an account. You have to be really bad with the running of your account for them to do that.It would also be seen as retalitary action, which is a breach of the banking code. You can claim back your charges and the interest on late payment and overlimit fees too. Claim back the interest at the contractual compounded rate. You will see this on your statement.

eg... 1.789% which equals an APR of 21.46% as an example.

Thats 1.789% X 12 months.

You add this to each charge if your claiming the contractual rate they have already charged you. Use the spreadsheets on this site to add the interest to each charge,you will be surprised how much they have charged you at the compounded rate.

Hope this helps

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers