First Direct closing account, claim settled but 2 charges outstanding

oktopusinc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

First direct paid in full but just before they settled 2 more charges let slip - about £60. Now they want to close the account and for me to pay off the overdraft. I had already sent a standard letter asking for the charge to be reversed before they sent me the closing letter. I did plan to close th account anyway but was waiting for the charges to be refunded. I never signed any agreement and stated that I would pursue them for fees in the future even if they paid up. Do I:

a. pay the overdraft off to £0.00 plud the small amount of interest for this month (£7.00 odd) and send them a letter stating I will not pay the overdraft fees they are trying to charge me and reminding them of the letter I have already sent regarding OFT etc.

b. pay the overdraft off to £0.00 plud the small amount of interest for this month (£7.00 odd) and also the amount in overdraft fees and then try to reclaim the fees as per usual?

Okto

Personally I'd go with b., that way they can't take any action against you while you're reclaiming the charges.

I would go for B.

You have been seen to be fair and willing to pay them off.

A pain having to do another claim, but they have to realise that we are serious about taking them on.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning