Was this entirely right and can anything be done if not?

Dolly6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help to settle something that is preying on my mind.

In 2006 the family home was repossessed. It seems incredible even to me with hindsight but I knew nothing about it until the morning of the repossession. Needless to say we split up over this and the amount of debt my now ex-husband had run up, again without my knowledge. He used to take the dog for a walk each morning to intercept the postman and hide mail from me.

I have been on a DMP for the last few years paying the shortfall and three overdrafts that was run up without my knowledge while looking after our son who is now at college. His dad hasn't paid child support for years.

Now I've started to wonder if what happened with the repossession was entirely legal given that I had no idea about any letters, notices or court dates.

Can a home be repossessed if one party to the mortgage has not been informed and therefore has no opportunity to appeal?

Should the court not satisfy itself that all parties are aware of the proceedings?

Is there anything I can do about what happened as it seems wrong that my son and I, as I support him on my own, are having to pay back the shortfall on a mortgage I didn't know had gone bad.

Are you taking responsibility for repaying all of the shortfall ? if so why ? - your ex should be paying half.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I agree he should be paying half and it makes me very angry that he's not but when I've asked the company concerned why they are no longer chasing him they tell me that they can't get a reply from him.

As long as they are getting something from me by way of the DMP they don't bother going after the other party.