Notice to Pay Overpayment of Working Tax Credit

delq
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be grateful for advice regarding Working Tax Credit, my partner and I have received 2 notices to pay an over-payment of £1201.23 & £313.90 which is from tax years ending 04 & 05. I have been in touch with HMRC on 09/05/12 to discuss this, and because I can't pay in full they want me to get in touch by friday11th may to discuss all of my income and out-goings.

I am not sure what I can afford to pay back monthly, as my son will be going to uni in Sept 12, they have said that they will re-calculate the arrears again then.

The Notice to Pay says that you can pay arrears back in installments over 12 months, which would work out over£100.00 pounds a month which I can not afford, any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

What was the over payment for and was it just for that year , did you give full disclosure for them to check back ? Dont worry they can't make you pay what you don't have. They will ask you how much you can pay. As long as they get something they be ok about it.