Barclays debt they want more -Advice please

snowdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CCCS will normally only be able to take on the case if you have a salary. I don't know about PayPal.

Contact them anyway, they will send you a lot of helpful information.

To be honest, Barclays should really be able to put you on a temporary payment plan with the assumption you'll be back in work as you're on JSA.

Assuming you're already set up to do counter debits then yes you'll be fine - providing someone doesn't get trigger happy and close the account early. It's unlikely but it does happen.

The thing is, you can't just carry on paying £10 a month, it's not 'allowed' and is drilled into their advisors during training. Just because your personal circumstances haven't changed, they'll still push for more money, as if everything else stopped costing so much.

Continue making payments and you should avoid further action, apart from the impending account closure of course. I suggest you speak with another bank and have a basic account set up. I have seen recommendations for a co-op Cashminder, if that's any use. Have your JSA details changed to your new bank ASAP or you'll be out of money.

You must specify your intent to open a Cashminder account. If they attempt to open a current account, not only will it be declined but it'll mark your credit file as a search.

Also, DO NOT let this account go overdrawn. You will be shut down after three occasions.

The Co-op have merged with Britannia. You can open an account there, and pay in through their counter. If you've got a Britannia branch i'd recommend looking into it.

The co-op stores won't be able to help you i'm afraid - however, I did hear they may be trialling in-store banking. Probably a long shot. They used to do it years ago with something called "handy banks", but even cash credits took up to seven days. The newer branches will of course be instant, should they be installed.

You can open a Cashminder over the phone. I don't know what the process is to have your ID verified, possible sending copies of letters, passport or something like that.

I forgot you can pay cash into the post office. Cheques too, but it takes a while.

I've never lived out in the sticks before so I can't reflect on your predicament, but then I tend to use internet banking even whilst living in the big city.

• Confused 1

Good luck with your DMP. It's not as hard as it sounds, especially if you get sent 5 Income & Expenditure forms...you'll have more clue about your money by the end of the month guaranteed.

One thing to watch out for is something called "negative disposable income". This is where, for example, you earn £1000 a month, but your bills (before debts) come to more than that. You don't have a penny to give back to the creditors, and they will simply default on you and send you packing.

• dx100uk changed the title to Barclays debt they want more -Advice please
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks