• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Robinson Way / IND,claimform - citi card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

N61 Colin? Who is the Claimant?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They may be trying for a AoE (Attachment of Earnings) are you employed? Have you checked the registrar to see if there are any CCJs against you?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If there is an outstanding judgment and you accept it (even though unaware) you can either set a side the judgment (N244) or vary the judgment if you accept it (N245).Complete the N61 ASAP along with the N245 £40 requesting variance with you I&E and proposed monthly payment.One will cancel the other out without threat of prison or the Bailiffs.

Well time is crucial you need to find out

which Court

what claim number

then submit the N244 (£45) in the meantime the clock is ticking on the N61.

Inform the the Court that issued the N61 and seek their guidance

but Im sure you must complete it within 8 days.

The N61 is served personally on you by a bailiff and has the Form N56 attached.

The completed N56 is all that the court wants returning.

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

The summons is only 12 months old so that is nonsense.( on both parties) Have you tried for a copy of the Judgment Order?

Ok Colin not going your way this matter.

Lets turn it round if you was able to set a side could you defend the matter ? Would you be able to submit a defence with merit ?

Yes you have grounds to set a side no question, but what then? Perhaps better to get a N245 in an vary if you do owe this debt at least that will deal with the N61(N56)?

Regards

Andy

I fully agree with your sentiments Colin and would probably take the same action.

Ok forget the Summons the least you will need is the claim number to enable your application to set a side,

complete the N244 and get it in rapid.

In the " reason for making this application " along with served at old address you need to state that having requested copies of the summons from the Court issuing and the claimant awarded there is no trace of any paperwork on a judgment 12 months old.

Post up your application if you want me to vet it firstly but get your skates on, tick tock on the N61 (N56).

Regards

Andy

I thought no one had it? As long as you have the claim number its up to the Court or the Claimant to provide it when the question of set a side is determined.

With regards to your other point one and the same ?

Andy

The summons merely contains the Claimants statement of case which as already been awarded in default.

Your basis for set a side would be not served correctly/ unreceived.

Once the set a side is allowed then the Claimants will have to re submit a fresh claim anyway on which their case relies upon and we start from the beginning.

I dont think anything in writing confirming the absence of said summons would hold any points in either parties case, but if they (The Claimants) cant substantiate what the initial claim was or what there replacement will be ..

....now that would be interesting.

Regards

Andy

• 1 month later...
Small update on this

The Order for Production of Statement of Means was dismissed as I am self employed. Excellent

I also put in an application to have it set aside, which is due to be heard on the 27th June 10am. Excellent

Today Proteus dispatch (fake courier) delivered an 'Order to attend court for questioning', which is scheduled for the same day at 11am. Fair enough

I've spoken to the court expressing my concern that I am going to have to close my business for half a day and they said if my application is successful the second hearing will be automatically cancelled, and if not the judge will adjourn the second one. Does that sound right? Yes because your set a side will set it back to the start of the claim and their application for Order to attend court for questioning will be pointless and a waste of money and vacated by the court.Dont forget to claim costs (application) and the £90 for time off work!!:wink:

Anything I should be doing in the meantime please?

Thinking about a plausible defence?

Andy

• Haha 1

Yes because your set a side will set it back to the start of the claim and their application for Order to attend court for questioning will be pointless and a waste of money and vacated by the court.Dont forget to claim costs (Set A Side application) and the £90 for time off work!!

• 2 weeks later...

What date is their WS Colin?

Andy

Well they have asked for an adjournment of 28 days in point 18 from the date of the WS. Have the Court wrote re any adjournment.... you may find its vacated tomorrow.

Andy

They may have made application, not all applications are served on notice.Check with the Court first thing in the morning to make sure the hearing is going head, if so there is little preparation you can do only getting their WS 2 days ago.Also they are not prepared either as per their point 18.

Andy

Prepare a draft skeleton (3 copies ) of your intentions of defence.Use their points and refute them.You know the history so state your arguments why it should be set a side.

Regards

Andy

Hi Colin

Responding to your PM.

Thats the idea draft all the bullet points to trash their WS.Try to refrain from saying " I need documents to decide if I can defend" It wont wash with any DJ and you are on a loser before you start.

You need documentation to verify the details of their claim. It was bad service don't state you never informed them you had moved.

You need to see the Agreement and T&Cs and the DN and any NoA if assigned.You need to see the original summons of the statement of case, statements of how they arrive at their figures.

If any unlawfull interest has been applied.

You will base your defence on their disclosures (if able to) they are obviously having a great deal of trouble in clarifying anything as per their WS.

Get the picture???? You averred that any debt with this company would be statute barred, can they prove it was not???

Ok for now?

Andy

If the assignment is invalid then their claim was also.

Hi Phil

Colin can you get page 1 of the WS posted up, who has drafted this?

Thanks Colin

Ok we have established the NoA , Robbers and IND are one and the same but the Claimant is Robbers as they are the assignee from Liverpool.Continue with your skeleton Colin I envisage that they will be totally unprepared should the hearing happen tomorrow.I assume that the DJ may well adjourn for further time.

Regards

Andy

" Should I mention at all about IND doing the WS rather than RW? "

Absolutely they are a collection agent or so they profess.The WS is inadmissible unless they have proof that they are one and the same.

Andy

"I am a debt account manager for the Claimant " Is she qualified and employed by the Claimant to state these facts and act as an expert witness?

IND are not Solicitors or Litigators

Just add it to the beginning or near point 4 you also need to state that you only received this WS 3 days before the hearing.

ok, thats totally over my head, what is right of audience :)

See above:roll:

How about at the very start, point 1

1. I would submit the court rule the witness statement provided as inadmissable as it was written by IND Ltd who are not the claimant in this case. I rang IND on 26th June 2012 and spoke to Julie Simpson, and the address given in the witness statement is IND's address.

2. If the court does admit the witness statement I would submit the following

:thumb:

Correct Phil

Information overload now Colin:madgrin:

Now you are thinking along the correct lines Colin this is how murky this whole industry is.Every legal document should have the name of Robbers on it, IND are nothing to do with this

allegedly:roll:

Ok Guys I have to log off now early start in the morning, Colin best of luck if it is still scheduled for tomorrow ,update your thread with the developments.

Regards

Andy