DLA turned down

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

I am new to this so hoping I am posting in the correct place. Hoping someone can help.

I have been receiving high rate mobility and low rate care for two years, my circumstances hadn't changed so reapplied and was turned down I rang and put in a revision basically saying could I have a medical as nothing had changing and they have again rejected it without a medical.

I can now appeal which I was wondering what to do? I am currently on maternity leave from my job but due to me not being able to sit for long periods etc I have taken the decision of not returning to work (this wasn't on the original DLA claim form they think I work) as you can imagine it has been a difficult decision not to return to work because of my illness as I have worked from being 16 and am on a salary of 34k so this decision has not been taken lightly if I could work I would be to earn the good money I was on.

My questions are should I appeal with the original claim or put a new claim in stating that I have had to give up work? Do you have to wait to put a new claim in?

My next step is to try to also claim ESA as this has been the advice to do I would hopefully be able to claim ESA contribution based as I have enough NI credits.

Sorry for rambling on but would appreciate any advice at all as I am in a very confused, dark place at the moment.

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks:-)

Appeal, this government are banking on people not appealing rolling over and accepting these unjust decisions. I have heard of 75% of cases being knocked back when people reapply.

Appealing can be stressful but I would say definitely do it I have in the past and won when I turned down.