HRMC chasing me for unpaid tax in Spain

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have just received a"NOTification MUTUAL ASSISTANCE IN FUNDRAISING C.E. from Agencia Tributario in spain. this is from the HRMC in the uk for "claimed" unpaid taxes They are claiming 3500 euros for 2007 and 1500 euros for 2006. I have lived in Spain for 4 years now and this is the first communication I have received. I am an english teacher with no assets or Money. I understand that this debt cannot be pursued as the debt is more than 5 years old and is less than 15000 euros? could anybody give me advice on what I need to do? Can they deduct the cash form my Spanish bank account? (In Spain the government can do this automatically for unpaid taxes) any help would be appreciated! Reggie

There is no time limit for income tax & VAT debts to be chased. You can always be pursued for debts owing to HM Revenue and Customs.

TBH your best bet would be to contact HMRC and try to come to some arrangement as there are cross border agreements in place between EU countries where HMRC can pursue. :(