• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claiming PPi From Yes Car Credit / Direct Auto Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've been searching for information on claiming PPI back from Yes Car Credit (Direct Auto Finance) ..

. I've not found much information on it to be fair but i've read that because i took out my "agreement" prior to 2005

which was before they was FSA regulated there isn't much that can be done - A quick phone call to the FOS confirmed this.

As Yes car credit / Direct auto finance are no longer in business they have advised me to seek the name of the company who the PPI insurance was with and deal with them,

I don't have any of my old documentation but i've found a copy of someone else's agreement which says

"On the date of this agreement you will pay to us as agent of the insurer the premium(s) shown overleaf and we shall account for those premium(s) to the relevant insurer(s)"

So on this finance agreement the ppi company is referred to as 'Relevant Insurer(s)' ... Should there be any more info in the document about the 'Relevant Insurer(s)" ?

Any help would be greatly reveived :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i've been told that provident financial are the underwriters of direct auto finance

but the FOS said to get anywhere i need to deal with the company who the ppi money was ultimately paid to :???:

Got a letter today from 'Direct Auto Financial Services' ,

At the bottom of the page the old YES car credit logo displayed... *******s....

It read;

Dear Mr *******,

Thank you for your recent enquiry

.Under section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act the fee of £1 applies for collating and dispatching the following data

:Copy of conditional sale agreement with terms and conditions

Statement of account

Gap insurance certificate (if applicable)

Payment Protection Insurance "evidence of cover" (if applicable)

Warranty Policy/certificate (if applicable)

Please either send £1 for the above information

OR

£10 for a data subject access request which includes the above information and all other documentation we hold in your name.

We will issue the information as soon as possible upon receipt of the correct fee and a valid signature.

Yours Sincerely*************

For and on behalf of Direct Auto Financial Services.

What 'all other documentation' would i get for sending them £10 over the £1?

Also it doesn't say how to send the fee,

Should i just sellotape a £1 coin to a piece of paper.__________________

Hi

If you want the agreement and T&Cs then a CCA request for £1 will get you that.

If you want to copies of everything they hold on you, including statements/transaction history, telephone records, copy letters etc then its a SAR for £10.

Payment by postal order is OK

What is it you are particularly after?

ims

Well if it were me I'd SAR them

Template is in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

Add a paragraph to the effect that the SAR is to include copies of all and any agreements you have ever held with them.

ims

im claiming from yes car / direct auto financila as we speak.

the ppi in my case was supplied by advent and as you will be well aware of now yes car/daf are no longer in horsham.

it took yes car/daf about 3 weeks to send all they held on me on a disc

but very helpfull as were advent and no charge at all from advent.

good luck with your claim

im claiming from yes car / direct auto financila as we speak. the ppi in my case was supplied by advent and as you will be well aware of now yes car/daf are no longer in horsham. it took yes car/daf about 3 weeks to send all they held on me on a disc but very helpfull as were advent and no charge at all from advent. good luck with your claim

thanks for the info, what stage are you currently at? :)

about 1 more week and should have offer but will update when that happens. they were quite helpfull which surprised me and advent were even better and sent me account details without even asking .

YES CAR FINANCE LIMITED

NO. 1

GODWIN STREET

BRADFORD

WEST YORKSHIRE

UNITED KINGDOM

BD1 2SU

Company No. 04063510

YES CAR CREDIT LIMITED

NO. 1

GODWIN STREET

BRADFORD

WEST YORKSHIRE

UNITED KINGDOM

BD1 2SU

Company No. 03459042

YES CAR CREDIT (HOLDINGS) LIMITED

NO. 1

GODWIN STREET

BRADFORD

WEST YORKSHIRE

UNITED KINGDOM

BD1 2SU

Company No. 00194214

got a letter back today saying my signature doesn't match what they have on their records, i didn't sign it i just initialed it as was suggested on this forum... what a waste of time i'm gonna have to re-send the request now :(

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got my SAR request info through and I noticed this on it:

DAF.png

Why does it say the date I took out the agreement with them (22/09/2003) Then on the 06/10/2003 (Exactly 2 weeks later) it says cancelled? ... I didn't cancel anything and this was all paid.

• 1 month later...

I am a bit farther down the line, i have already gone to MCOL after getting no joy from DAF and FOS, i have now recieved a defence from Irwin Mitchell who are the solicitors.

They have taken a while and not sure what happens next but i will continue to fight to get my PPI back.

It's not really a case of 'fight on' James, it's more a case of 'don't be intimidated' by them using a solictor. The word solicitor worries a lot people, don't let it worry you, it's used a lot of times just to make the claimant give up.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes i've been told that provident financial are the underwriters of direct auto finance but the FOS said to get anywhere i need to deal with the company who the ppi money was ultimately paid to :???:

I have always been led to believe that the claim should be against those that actually sold you the insurance, not those who recieved the payments.

For example if a broker was invilved in the sale of the PPI then it is them you claim against.

• 2 weeks later...

Following my recent SAR to Yes Car Credit

I got all the information requested on a disc,

Upon reading through it - it clearly showed I paid PPI on the agreement

so I filled out the consumer questionnaire and sent it off to them.

Four weeks later I get a letter from them saying there was no PPI on the policy

and they enclosed another agreement with a different reference number on it which had the PPI part blank..

. I'm really confused here as they have doctored another agreement (with a completely different reference) and removed the PPI amount,

Are they stupid? ...

Don't they realize they sent me all the information they had on file for me in my SAR ? .

.. What should my next course of action be?

, As they are using sly underhand tactics to get out of paying am I best speaking to a solicitor?

Even if you are better of speaking with a solicitor, don't do it yet.

It may not be necessary at all or at least there will be a lot more you can do on your own.

Firstly, as you are thinking of claiming PPI,you must have some basis for saying that it was misssold to you. What is that basis?

It would be pretty amzing that they have actually doctored a document. That would bge very serious. I think that you oneeed to hoold that idea back as a last possibility for the moment. Try to find some other explanation - could there have been a loan consolidation? Could there be some error in the identity?

Of course if there has been some delibverate wrongdoing then that would be great news for you and it would make a great story as well - but let's do what we can to rule it out so that if you do end up with the same conclusion then you can be certain of your ground.

If you have bother sets of documents with you so that there is no going back for them, then I would suggest that you send a clear letter to them asking for an explanation. Tell them what you have and tel them that you believe that there has been some wrongdoing on their part and that you want a full explanation for the discrepancy or else you will start to make an appropriate complaint.

Tell us about the misselling.

The PPI was taken on on a hire purchase agreement with Yes Car Credit,

We was told that unless we opted for this PPI we couldn't get the associated credit,

An article has since been published that contains confirmation of this by an ex yes car credit employee that that was the information they was giving to customers http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1603495/The-Yes-Car-nightmare.html

The agreement that I am at this moment in time speculating they have doctored isn't included in the SAR they sent to me,

Only since I sent them back my questionnaire have they responded with this agreement I knew nothing of,

There was no loan consolodating or anything else of the sort

- It was a 'simple' hire purchase agreement for a single vehicle.

I still have the disc which contains everything they had on file for me and I also have this other agreement they have recently sent to me which isn't anywhere to be found on the disc.

May I also mention that this company is known for falsifying documents,

In the above article it also says " Former YCC customer David McIntyre is taking the company to court to attempt to reclaim his PPI.

He paid £1,900 to settle his PPI bill in 2004

when he returned his car half way through the contract,

but has since found out a YCC employee had falsified his application."

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks