style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi -

Certain words and phrases on this board are linked to pop-up information. I would like to de-activate that function, it stalls my browser (Firefox on W7) and interrupts my viewing when I accidentally pass over a live tag.

Does anyone know how to achieve this please?

Thanks

Thanks seanamarts - it's already active, but it doesn't have any effect on the CAG mouseovers - they appear as semi-transparent overlays, obscuring the text I'm trying to read. the effect - see below - occurs whenever my cursor/pointer passes over an underlined text like "a new thread".

screenshot.gif

You are talking about our autolinks.

I'm sorry but you can't disable them. They are normally very informative and are useful to a huge number of people who come to the site. They also save the site team having to repeat the answers to many common questions.

Because of this we pefer to have them installed.

On has to get used to not waving one's mouse around when reading through threads.

Mind you, I don'tknow why you get them displayed as per your ff jpg.

The display that you get in chrome is correct and it should be like that in all browsers.

You can disable these popups by using a firefox addon called NoScript.

The addon will put a small box in your menu bar and you can add consumeractiongroup.co.uk to the untrusted group (We all know it is trusted but in this instance we use untrusted to disable these auto links).

This will stop all scripts from working so you may need to switch to trusted for certain options to work on the site.

With the site 'untrusted' the autolinks will no longer bother you.

• Confused 1

You can disable these popups by using a firefox addon called NoScript.

The addon will put a small box in your menu bar and you can add consumeractiongroup.co.uk to the untrusted group (We all know it is trusted but in this instance we use untrusted to disable these auto links).

This will stop all scripts from working so you may need to switch to trusted for certain options to work on the site.

With the site 'untrusted' the autolinks will no longer bother you.

Thanks, ashmk - that did the trick. Ironic that I have to treat CAG as untrusted, but forced, intrusive pop-ups are not a good thing.

Which version of Firefox where you using, out of curiosity?

11.0 on Win 7 32 bit, with an aggressive Adblock Plus plugin (which was successfully stopping all the pop-up formatting, but couldn't catch the text). NoScript has nailed it - I just need to set CAB as an untrusted site, so kudos to ashmk.