moliver v's Abbey National Mortgage Finance

moliver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a mortgae with ANMFL back in 1997 which came with cashback of about £7k for which i had to pay 0.75% above their standard variable rate on the whole mortgage for five years or repay the cashback. As I had no intention (hope) of paying back the mortgage in that timescale, there was no issue :)

I moved house after a couple of years and simply moved the mortgage to the new property - still no problem

At the end of 2000 I was offered a job in Jersey where it wasn't really possible to own a house. Couldn't rent it out for anywhere near the amount of the mortgage and so had to sell and repay the mortgage :?

Despite various appeals to Abbey, pointing out that if I didn't sell the house I would default on the mortgage the still stung me for £7,438 Early Repayment Charge :evil:

There followed various letters all in the same vein including some extraordinary and banal explanations of how they had lost money, which as I pointed out at the time would mean that they would have lost £38,000 had I redeemed the mortgage after one day - banks are really that silly?????????:eek:

Eventually they issued a deadlock letter and pointed me in the direction of the Office Of The Banking Ombudsman - at that point I gave up!

The I found this site and have now started again.:p

First letter sent 4th July 2006

P*** o** letter from Abbbey sent 12th July 2006

LBA sent 21st July 2006

letter from Abbey 26th July - if you want to take us to court - here is the address for service!

MCOL

Claim No 6QZ68236

£7,438 plus £3,400 in interest

Issued 29/09/06

Ready for a tough battle!;)

Hi Moliver,

Best of luck with this one. Abbey aren't the most accomodating of companies to deal with. Their latest trick is to threaten to multi -track and tell you their costs are already the same as your claim. Have you pmed a mod the claim no and details?

All the best

Zoot

Hi Zoot

Thanks for your words of support - if their costs are higher than my claim then I wouldn't want to be a shareholder in Abbey. If the ERC is the same value on day one of the mortgage as it is at the end of five years I just can't see how they can argue a 'genuine pre-estimate'.

Haven't pmed a mod - how do i do that?

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

I'll inform the mods. You might like to follow this thread as they are at about the same stage as you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/28447-stef-abbey-mortgages.html

and this one which is a little more ahead

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/9207-reclaiming-abbey-mortgage-early.html

All the best

Zoot

• 3 weeks later...

As expected the stalling has started!

They had until tomorrow to acknowledge (18th October)

Received in the post today a letter from DLA Piper with a request under Part 18 for further information - basically acoount numebr and address.

Does this mean that I cannot apply for judgement for a further 14 days?

Well that's over a week since judgement was issued and I've not heard a word from Abbey, their solicitors or the Court - anyone got any advice on how to proceed particularly as the claim is £11k?

You can't send in the bailiffs until the judgment has actually been granted. I'm not sure how long it takes from issue for them to enter judgment. In my claim against Littlewoods it was only a matter of days.

It might be worth phoning the customer services at MCOL and find out what has happened. It may well be that Abbey are disputing the judgment and asking for more time. Don't contact Abbey at this point as it may well alert them to the fact that they need to get the judgment set aside.

All the best

Zoot

• 3 weeks later...

usual trick by Abbey I am afraid.

Spanish Holiday Rental - 10% off BAG and CAG Members

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

Yorkshire Bank - LBA 26/07/06 £1001.00 - £500.50 offered and rejected

RBS Credit Card - Settled £200.00

Sainsburys - Settled in full £100.00

JD WIlliams - Settled in full £50.00

Argos Card Services - £98 - offered £60 and rejected.

Abbey Mortgages - MCOL 2nd October - Deadline 21st