• Tweets

• wont go near it with a barge pole as its ex gov't debt.  
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles. Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

First post on here.

Pheonix Commercial Collections visited me a few months back in relation to some council tax arrears

- I was not in at the time so they levied a car on the public road (not mine) and stuck the levy through my door.

I rang the bailiff and told him the car was not mine, wrote to the head office, and still they refused to take it off

- the motivation of this levy was to add £237 to my bill, instead of £24.50. The worst thing was the bailiff made up some story about contacting a neighbour and asking if the car was mine, and the neighbour saying it was - a complete lie!

I was then awoken at 6am by a letter being placed through my door saying that they would be attending in 3 days,

with the police and a locksmith to gain entry and remove goods - the total owed still included this illegal charge.

I ended up paying the council directly what I owed them, but Pheonix kept chasing me up for these fees - which were for a car that didn't belong to me.

Eventually they came round, and after trying to levy the car in my driveway, accepted £42.50.

I made a full complaint to CIVEA about their behavour, and was shocked at their response.

They basically went along with Pheonix and told me to go away. What is the point to their exisitance?

Are there any avenue I can explore, or should I let this go?

the council are their bosses they employ them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I ended up paying the council directly what I owed them, but Pheonix kept chasing me up for these fees - which were for a car that didn't belong to me.

Complain tot local government ombudsman once you have taken it up with council with as a formal complaint.

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Complain tot local government ombudsman once you have taken it up with council with as a formal complaint.

Thanks - will do. I hope that will be more fruitful than the CIVEA route

Is it worth reporting the Bailiff to the police?

I am very interested indeed at your query and in particualr to the reference to the reply form CIVEA.

Would you mind letting us know exactly what was said by them.

Also, have you made a formal complaint to the Local Authority?

• 4 months later...

The thugs (so called bailiffs) of Phoenix Commercial Collections, are so well established with councils it beggers belief. Regardless of the moutains of complaints (I'm one of them) their marriage remains firm. This can not help but raise suspicions. Northampton Borough county council (NBCC) sent me a reply which appeared like a basic reply, meaning hard luck.

In the beginning. My son had failed to pay 3 parking tickets NBCC issued, total amount £170, for this sin they asked for £255, now having added 50% penalty. Still the plank never paid it.

24th May 2012 last day to settle debt at this figure.

15th June 2012 NBCC hand the debt over to their favourite bailiffs, Phoenix

18th June 2012 Phoenix demand £316.32

4th July 2012 a Ms E Lawrence calls at my home and speaks to another one of my sons, who told her truthly that his brother was not in.

9th July 2012 this women again calls and got the same reply as before. On this occasion she threatened to keep returning at different times and days until the debt is paid , and in a aggressive tone, the door was shut in her face. 10 minutes later she put a notice through the front door stating she would be back on the 14th at 6am with a van to remove chattles and goods from my house to the value now of £667.37

Unfortunately, my wife who suffers from bad nerves paid the debt over the phone the next day. For my part I was shaping up for the confrontation.

I'm not defending my son. What I am mad about is the GBH approach from Phoenix, and the blind eye NBCC are turning in the matter. With this amount of money going to the bailiffs, 2 visits and threats £391.37. There must be an attempt by those of us who have been severley damaged in the pocket by council and bailiff bandits, to form an organisation to fight back.

Edited by jetdog62

Hi jetdog62, it may be better to start your own thread to better target advice you can use the one I have started for you here if you wish:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168

But an option is to report them to the OFT, as they must have OFT Category F Debt Collection Licence to collect debt, check out oldbill's posts on the subject, but I would send a Formal Complaint to OFT with the subject Credit Fitness, and outline what they have done, i.e. demanding monies not owed from a third party, under with menaces, or even fraudulently demanding monies on threat of removal of goods from a party not owing the debt, better known as Fraud by misrepresentation, the mens rea is present, and the crime was complete when your wife paid the ****** bailiff

You should also raise a Formal Complaint with the council copied to CEO leader Councillor and your MP mentioning it is unlawful to levy or threaten to third party goods. Send a copy of the note threatening the removal of Third party goods and chattels with your complaint

others will be along soon no doubt with further suggestions

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Oldbill, here's something you might want to look at through your magnifying glass.The Viper ms eliabeth lawrence working for phoenix collection services, the pain in my life, had her bailiff licence granted to her to run from 11th Jan 2011 to 10th Jan 2013 which is the normal 2-year window while working for Recovery and Enforcement Servies (RES) South West. on the 10th Nov 2009 she issued a NOTICE OF BAILIFF HAVING VISTED, to another victom cagger mkb, through Phoenix. Issuing warrants and threats through Phoenix 2009/2012, yet registered with RES?

Any thoughts on the matter?

Oldbill, here's something you might want to look at through your magnifying glass.The Viper ms eliabeth lawrence working for phoenix collection services, the pain in my life, had her bailiff licence granted to her to run from 11th Jan 2011 to 10th Jan 2013 which is the normal 2-year window while working for Recovery and Enforcement Servies (RES) South West. on the 10th Nov 2009 she issued a NOTICE OF BAILIFF HAVING VISTED, to another victom cagger mkb, through Phoenix. Issuing warrants and threats through Phoenix 2009/2012, yet registered with RES?

Any thoughts on the matter?

You will have to remove the name of the bailiff off the thread, and pm it to OB, as we shouldn't name on threads

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!