south west trains prosecution depatment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been invited to attend a meeting under caution with the Prosecution Department of South west trains following an incident in October last year when I got on a train without a ticket .

Do I need to attend this meeting ? The letter states that if don’t I will be prosecuted and that the meeting is for my opportunity to explain my position.

I was not issued with a penalty fair notice on the day nor did I sign anything at the time.

I was cautioned on the day and admitted to having boarded the train without a ticket

advice please

I have been invited to attend a meeting under caution with the Prosecution Department of South west trains following an incident in October last year when I got on a train without a ticket .

Do I need to attend this meeting ? The letter states that if don’t I will be prosecuted and that the meeting is for my opportunity to explain my position.

I was not issued with a penalty fair notice on the day nor did I sign anything at the time.

I was cautioned on the day and admitted to having boarded the train without a ticket

advice please

No, you do not need to attend this meeting. As they say in the letter, it is likely that you will be prosecuted if you do not attend the meeting, and they are giving you the opportunity to present your side of the story in order to prevent the case from going that far.

If you do plan on attending, I suggest you consult a solicitor first.

You can decline their invitation to be interviewed again under caution if you wish.

That in itself will not prevent the case against you being summonsed for court hearing if they believe that they have evidence of an offence. It may result in an opportunity to resolve the case without further action, but it is entirely a matter for you. You may like to seek legal advice on your specific situation

Your post says that you admit having boarded the train without a valid ticket and if there were facilities available for you to get a ticket at the station where you got on, it would appear they have evidence to allow them to proceed.

Thanks for your reply , I am wondering why if they have all the reverent information to proceed with a prosecution do they want to interview me , are they lacking something and hoping that I say something incriminating.

I was guilty of not having a ticket on the day in question

Thanks for your reply , I am wondering why if they have all the reverent information to proceed with a prosecution do they want to interview me , are they lacking something and hoping that I say something incriminating.

I was guilty of not having a ticket on the day in question

I can't imagine any scenario in which it is beneficial for you to attend that interview and answer their questions under caution. If you do plan on attending, I strongly suggest seeking the advice of a solicitor who you will be able to explain all the facts to.