JanetJones - off topic posts

janet jones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just because they receive funding doesn't mean that they work on 'behalf' of the creditors. This is a common ploy used by fee-charging DMP firms to try and get business. Most creditors are MUCH more receptive to affordable arrangements via one of the free DMP firms compared to the commercial sector.

Anyhows, we digress. Shywazz, Peer will be able to help you - I can assure you of that.

WARNING: Just becuz a company like cccs claim they work on behalf of the client does not mean its true.I had been a client of CCCS for a long time.They need you to make their money.Like any money making business, they tell you what you want to hear to get you to sign a contract or agreement with them, and will alter it according to their needs or the story they are telling you at the time, telling you you have not signed a contract or an agreement but an understanding between you that you will in effect jump to their tune.They actually claim they work in your behalf to negotiate with creditors,in fact they wont even talk to a creditor unless it is to pay them ..something.. their aim is to make money from your payments in interest,and they will in effect more or less impress tehy dont have to honour the agreement by telling you to do their job by you negotiating with your own creditors,which is in essence the same as an informal agreement were you agree to do your own legwork in this case CCCS get money from your payments were in an informal agreement noone gets anything except your creditor.

CCCS are indeed funded by voluntary donations by businesses..which means a creditor can be a donator if they wish,and which could also mean they recieve special treatment from CCCS.There is some discussion on whether CCCS should have their credit licence revoked...with the OFT.But as of yet they seem to be getting away with their behaviour.I have found them ..not all of them but some abusive, threatening and they use blacmail im some cases to force a client to pay debts that are not even proved theirs.i am one such victim.In some cases they also accept any debt from any company who contact them and claim the client owes them money and do not bother to get proof they take it as gospel.I am at the moment fighting CCCS as i have been able to establish a court ordered debt may have been fabricated by the creditor and debt may not been mine and yet CCCS have told me it does not matter if its legal I WILL pay it or else!..CCCS at present are not interested if this is a real debt or not CCCS may work for a lot of people, in many cases and many others they work for the best interests of the creditor,and will use like any debt collection agency any measures to terrifiy you into making their life easy by paying debts and amounts that they dont even have proof for.I would say be very aware of this company and be aware they like any other company anywhere do not employ honest people who always tell the truth and are necessarily working in your behalf.Plz be aware they will support creditors in many cases if they bring false debts against you and will not even check with a court in some cases whether you have anything agaisnt you...the word of the creditor that you owe money is considered more than enough proof to get money out of you through CCCS.

WARNING: Just becuz a company like cccs claim they work on behalf of the client does not mean its true.

We will have to agree to disagree there

I had been a client of CCCS for a long time.They need you to make their money.Like any money making business, they tell you what you want to hear to get you to sign a contract or agreement with them

If we're talking DMPs there isn't really much of a contract at all - you're welcome to leave whenever you like.

They actually claim they work in your behalf to negotiate with creditors,in fact they wont even talk to a creditor unless it is to pay them ..something..

That's not the experience many others have had.

Sorry to learn of your concerns but as a whole they seem to be doing a very reasonable job for many, many people - which is probably why they are the biggest debt advice charity in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

A company that claim you owe them debt does not have to have proof of or produce a copy of a credit agreement to say you owe them money...and they cannot be prosecuted or be brought to justice for it ..unless apparently an ombudsman wants to get them brought to justice.Although they are no ombudsmans who can actually do this i find this odd.Ive talked to the OFT...Trading standards..consumer direct... the financial ombudsman...debline...cccs..the fsa and many others all of them claim they dont deal with these issues and dont know of any ombudsman which governs such a thing.Which means basically you are up s*** creek without a paddle...and you cannot stop these companies doing this to people.

The law claims through the consumer credit act of 1974 its a criminal offence etc not to produce a credit agreement when in fact it isnt an offence, wonder who wrote those laws?.. ..they can refuse to provide a credit agreement or any proof you owe them money..because you cant contest it.Unfortuantely almost any company can say you owe them money..and dont have to provide any proof..which certainly is unfair...as i feel they should by law have to have proof you owe a debt, as anyone could make up a story you do and force you to pay it.

EDIT: sudden realisation that i now need to CCA the debt collection agency - i wish i thought first before posting :roll:

I am in a similar situation, unfortuantely you cant prove a thing.Its not against the law not to produce proof you owe them money or to produce a copy of any of the credit agreements, unfortunately debt management companies are powerless and dmc only do informal agreements which means the company have no legal requirement to accept the repayments, the company can anytime refuse payments through a debt management company and get a ccj against you and again a dmc cannot do anything to except offer payments..they cannot negotiate and often will not.. with creditors and sort out things if you get a ccj thats up to you to figure out on your own...even though you are paying your debts and aknowledge them you can still get done by a court...as merely paying your debts is not enough.. Which is why many ppl get ccjs because they dont know the law and a dmc are not legally trained they just employ general advisory staff who often dont understand or have never dealt with ccjs.Whatever debt this company say you owe or whatever agreements they say you have signed you have to comply with or without proof from the company because the law does not say they have to produce the proof.Its your word against theres.

bluespiderman;3725067]I've studied the SAR info further and it looks as if the following has occurred:-

The original loan was taken out in 2002. My wife (well, she is now) could not afford to continue paying the debt as she went back into full time education following redundancy. A 'rescue package' was agreed which is the second loan issued in 2003. The interest was in effect frozen (well it was lowered drastically to 1%) and lower payments agreed. She then began to struggle with these payments. It looks as if the bank then decided to withdraw their good will and closed the second CCA in 2005, and opened a new account which appears to be without her authority as no signed CCA, which was back at a higher interest rate with even less chance of her affording the payments. She made some payments up to 2007, at which point the debt was sold to debt collection agencies.

I am shocked because ive been told that asking for a copy of the credit agreement and not getting one ..means that the company dont have to provide proof theres a debt to begin with..i have been. told its a criminal offence when ive now found out ive been conned as its not against the law not to have proof.Ive had a company claim i owe debt adf they dont have a credit licence, the oft has said this is because either they dont exist or they dont trade in the uk...they also claim i bought goods worth £900 in a shop in the uk although the oft have stated theres no credit licence so no stores in the uk..plus the company have not been able to at any stage produce a statement of the account nor a deed of assigment and have refused to tell me and my dmc what the debt is for will not communicate with me in writing or any other way... and have refused to negotiate with a court..if a judge decides he wants me to pay this debt and sets up the payment amount, at the moment this is summized as im concerned it seems the court hasnt required proof i owe the debt and are unconcerned about the ofts advice and all the other details...ive also been informed that generally courts are not interested in whether its a real debt or not they just stamp the paperwork the company send them they dont look at it....How can they get away with this? especially when they have no proof and a court has made it clear they are not interested in whether this is genuine or not.

The company have been featured on watchdog for fake [problem] debts ..and the court is not interested also that the oft are considering taking their credit licence form them for dishonest business practice...(company is and be warned:LOWELL PORTFOILIO 1 LTD)...the court has said very little about the situation and refuse to tell me if this is genuine or if they company have proof or not only that they said i owe the debt so therefore it seems good enough to them.So i dont know how much of what ive been told or actually reported in this comment about the actual court is right or wrong as the court are not co-operating fully either.I have had legal advice(i cant afford a solicitor so cant defend this in court..and been advised even if i did they would probably win any i feel they are not being honest now and can spring surprise proof on you and make you look stupid and guilty) and i have been advised things have not been done the way a court would normally handle much matters and its odd for this to happen and really strict court procedure should have been followed, maybe it was i dont know the court wont tell me anything only that ive been done, maybe the court wont talk because something is going on that should not be and ive been advised this is perhaps suspicious behaviour.Really at the end of the day i dont know because no one is talking to me about it and i cant get the company or the court to talk.

EDIT: sudden realisation that i now need to CCA the debt collection agency - i wish i thought first before posting :roll:

Posts moved from other threads..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D