Some advice please Citi Credit - F&F?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ah so you've beaten one already

and you're still afraid of spoofing DCA's - no ...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silverfox - Cabot have sent me a letter last week to say if i dont get in touch they will take it furture.

dx100uk - I dont really feel like i have beaten them. They are still harrasing me - took the default off my Credit file and put me 6 months in arrars (I had already served 3 years of the default) and have sent my account to more DCA's. I know i shouldnt stress but i cant help it :oops:

no it should go

but poss 6th birthday of default

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ever had a discount letter?

dx

and they

then ignore the debt

they'll go nowhere near a court with it

for fear of counterclaim

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have been ignoring the letters from Cabot telling me that this is my last chance to contact them.

I have just had a letter to say the account has been escalated to the pre litigation dept.

They are saying if they dont hear from me they may issue a claim for count court judgement

then they can apply for a charging order on my proerty.

Attachement of earnings order. order to obtain information or they may instruct an external debt collection agency or legal agency to call on me.

Is this just threats again?

Shall i ignore or send them a letter to say send the account back to citi? :???:

Thanks

usual threat-o-gram crap

they cant do anything without going to court - end of.

if you've had discount letters then they know they have no hope in court.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi me again

Got a letter today from Cabot - Litigaton Recovery notification.

They are now telling me because i have not repaid my outstnading debt ther are giving me notice that they will be forwarding on my account to thier Litigation department, Morgan Solicitors who will contact me within 7 days to collect the outstanding amount.

Anyone had any experiance with Cabot threating this? Is it just another treat?

Thanks

Hi me again

Got a letter today from Cabot - Litigaton Recovery notification.

They are now telling me because i have not repaid my outstnading debt ther are giving me notice that they will be forwarding on my account to thier Litigation department, Morgan Solicitors who will contact me within 7 days to collect the outstanding amount.

Anyone had any experiance with Cabot threating this? Is it just another treat?

Thanks

Have you ever had a reply to a CCA request?

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

Nope never received it. Requested it 3 years ago, but never got it. Letter went back and forward for 2 years but they still failed to send me a copy with my details and signature on it.

Nope never received it. Requested it 3 years ago, but never got it. Letter went back and forward for 2 years but they still failed to send me a copy with my details and signature on it.

If they cant supply a copy of the agreement, then Id guess the letter is just a threat and they know it!

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

• 3 weeks later...

passed :lol:

T'is same company in a different guise, registered at the same address.................yet another way to intimidate you by claiming to be another firm involved with probably scarier writing involving red crayons?.

Beat me to it shadow.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Yes it looks a little bit scarier. What happens now? Will i keep getting these letters? Shall i reply or again just ignor. Do these companies ever give up?

After 6 years or 5 in Scotland of no admittance of the debt or any kind of payment towards it it becomes stat barred and they are unable to issue legal proceedings for it, then the companies start giving up :)

S.

After 6 years or 5 in Scotland of no admittance of the debt or any kind of payment towards it it becomes stat barred and they are unable to issue legal proceedings for it, then the companies start giving up :)

S.

Is that definately the case, Ive read places that it has to be 6 yrs since the creditor has made any contact with you. So even if creditor has kept writing for 6 yrs it can still be statute barred if no payment or acknowledgement made?

Is that definately the case, Ive read places that it has to be 6 yrs since the creditor has made any contact with you. So even if creditor has kept writing for 6 yrs it can still be statute barred if no payment or acknowledgement made?

Its 6 years with no written acknowledgement or payment made towards the debt by the debtor, thats it. (5 in Scotland). To be exact its 6 years from the cause of action, this is the date when the claimant is able to take you to court, usually in the case of a loan or credit card after the third missed repayment but its in the t&c's.

S.

Ok so i have another 3 years of them bugging me. Thats if they dont take me to court first.

Fraid so, what gives you an indication of the strength of their case tho is the amount of times they move the debt around or make you % reduction offers, if the paperwork is septic as is the case with most Citicards (citi refuse to give out copies of the agreement, possibly due to shredding them or archiving problems possibly) then it would normally not reach court unless the firm of solicitors thinks they can get a win by default.

S.

Sorry to jump in on this, but if you write to a creditor with the usual 'I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company you claim to represent' header, does that count as a contact to them with regards to statute barring?

Thanks

Lexis :)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.