Barclays Loan PPI query

ROME2MANDALAY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I had a loan 12 years ago when I was 18 and I am not sure if I paid PPI on this or not. As it was such a long time ago, I thought I would try my luck and find out if I did pay any.

I wrote to Barclays in December asking if they had any details of my loan and if they can see whether I paid PPI or not and they have written back to me saying that as it was such a long time ago that I took the loan out, and it was before they became a part of the General Insurance Standards Council, they have been unable to retrieve any details of PPI charges made to my account.

Is there anyway I could get hold of my policy No from this long ago or should i just cut my losses now?

Many thanks

Claire

Hi there

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid I have no paperwork as it was so long ago. I think the loan was over 3 years so it would've finished 9 years ago.

Do you think it would show on my credit record, if I join Equifax?

Thanks

Hi

That length of time ago it won't show. You can always have a look under a free trial but make sure you cancel your subscription within the 30 days.

As I say, you could try a SAR but it would be a bit of a punt in getting anything from that long ago on a closed account.

ims

Hi Rome,

Given the dates involved, coupled with the fact that you don't even know if PPI was paid, I would forget this.

A SAR will show nothing about the loan if it finished about 9 years back.

I think you're on a hiding to nothing. :-(

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)