too late ? too many defaults ? eviction 31 jan - kensington mortgages

janif
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lea/rocco

what a surprising day...

i was ready for a day of lots of phone calls & negotiating etc...

however, i got a call from the lender at 10am and they dropped their demand for a lump sum. someone at kensington took time to read my personal circumstances - something the circuit judge chose to dismiss. The care needs for my son & the MRS option were enough for them to cancel the eviction subject to the MRS being considered and for the monthly payments. I got the time i needed. kensington have said its a suspension of one month but even if the MRS is not possible, they are willing to continue with the monthly arrangement.Thank God !! not sure how i will make this more tangible but obviously consistent communcation is in order. i have 2 very good points of authoritive contact at kensington. i've checked with romford court and my eviction has indeed been cancelled - do i need to do anything else at this stage as the paranoria remains? its not the end but at least i have some time.

i'm extremely grateful to kensington for this final opportunity - considering the options open to them, they have been very lenient.

i am going to use this respite period to really sort my finances out and also to address issues which have led to dangerous financial exposure for my family.

in summary, lea was right to rightly recommend the MRS - i have a feeling this is going to be a trend. my personal circumstances also were a major factor. rocco - appreciate your input over the past few days. thank you

not sure if i will be of help to anyone but i'm grateful for the assistance. probably best to do the exact opposite of what i did for the past 5 years...

lea/rocco

what a surprising day...

i was ready for a day of lots of phone calls & negotiating etc...

however, i got a call from the lender at 10am and they dropped their demand for a lump sum. someone at kensington took time to read my personal circumstances - something the circuit judge chose to dismiss.

Just a slight correction here - the CJ didn't 'choose to dismiss' your personal circumstances, he was hearing your appeal which was whether the DJ had erred in fact or law - the CJ decided the DJ had not erred in fact or law and therefore dismissed your appeal. Your evidence (i.e. your personal circumstances, would have been considered IF the appeal was successful).

The care needs for my son & the MRS option were enough for them to cancel the eviction subject to the MRS being considered and for the monthly payments.

This is fabulous news, and should have been what the DJ considered (except that the MRS information wasn't before him in your stay application). Whatever, the fact is you now have an opportunity to keep your home if MRS are able to actually assist you (fingers crossed they will!).

I got the time i needed. kensington have said its a suspension of one month but even if the MRS is not possible, they are willing to continue with the monthly arrangement.Thank God !! not sure how i will make this more tangible but obviously consistent communcation is in order. i have 2 very good points of authoritive contact at kensington. i've checked with romford court and my eviction has indeed been cancelled - do i need to do anything else at this stage as the paranoria remains? its not the end but at least i have some time.

If you have checked directly with the court, and they have confirmed the eviction is cancelled, then you can be assured that for now nothing further will happen. But the eviction being cancelled is merely that - do not forget Kensington have an outright possession order, which means they can apply for a further warrant of execution - sounds as though they are happy to await the outcome of the MRS application though, so don't be unduly worried.

i'm extremely grateful to kensington for this final opportunity - considering the options open to them, they have been very lenient.

i am going to use this respite period to really sort my finances out and also to address issues which have led to dangerous financial exposure for my family.

in summary, lea was right to rightly recommend the MRS - i have a feeling this is going to be a trend. my personal circumstances also were a major factor. rocco - appreciate your input over the past few days. thank you

not sure if i will be of help to anyone but i'm grateful for the assistance. probably best to do the exact opposite of what i did for the past 5 years...

Stick to your plans to try and sort out your finances - the fact is, if the MRS application goes forward, you will be OBLIGED to sort out your finances and go through some form of debt counselling/assistance to ensure your finances are as straight as they can be, before your application is progressed to finality anyway.

Good luck - glad it worked out for you and your family, in the interim - if you do what you're supposed to do, then the future could be rosy too.

thanks Star...personal stuff overtook everything and i nearly lost my home...however, lender has been great considering the circumstances. ended up not having to pay any lump sum. hope all good with you.