Lloyds TSB Mastercard Fraud

simbathedog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has just had someone make an online booking for a hotel suite in London for £425 that has been charged to her mastercard,

I am very unhappy with their response so far.

I went into the bank with my daughter & informed them that She would be working in France from early December until Easter,

the bank called their card services as well & advised them whilst we were there.

I don't understand therefore why they would accept an online London hotel booking for £425 in January, it's also miles away from her normal spending profile.

Went into the branch when I got the confirmation booking in the post as it was obviously fraud & the branch called mastercard who refused to do anything without my daughter ringing them.

She is in France with very dubious phone reception & just a payg phone.

She managed to call them & they blocked the account & told her She had to call Superbreak who made the booking (not feasible on a payg from France!).

I rang them & emailed their accounts,

it was an internet booking made on the day of arrival,

they said they would flag it as fraud & expect a chargeback.

Daughter has called mastercard again & they say She now has to fill in a dispute form which they are sending to her address in England (where I am),

I am not impressed & think I may visit the branch in the morning.

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks for reading this far!

They are right that the customer should communicate the fraud to them.

However the FSA guide customers' rights makes it clear the the bank has a duty to make an immediate refund to money to the customer unless they have specific evidence that the customer is involved in the fraud or else the fraud is as a result of the customer's negligence.

In the absence of evidence, they are required by law to refund immediately. The bank is entitled to ask the customer to complete a form but they are not allowed to delay the refund pending the completion of the form.

The bank is entitled to carry out an investigation but they are not entitled to use this as a justification for delaying the refund.

The rules are very clear about this. I'll get you the link to the guide quite soon.

If the bank breaches these rules then they are in breach of their statutory duty and you should complain and expect a figure in compensation as well.

This rule has NOTHING to do with chargeback.

Lloyds won't know about this rule because their staff development is so poor that they won't have given their staff any proper training - as you are finding out already.

lloyds won't want you to know about the rule either because they prefer to deprive their customers of their rights whenever possible and only knuckle down when their customer is prepared to get nasty.

Well, went into the branch yesterday morning but the manager was not available, I had however anticipated that & had prepared a clear written account of matters & a list of questions.

I am now awaiting a response! :|

What a bunch or arrogant ******* mastercard are :mad2:

They won't discuss the transaction with the bank manager! only with the card holder.

Now have to wait for mastercard to send a letter to her home address for me to then forward it

to France for her to sign & send back.

Unable to find anything else out, statement not due until end of this month, as the payment for this

is set to be paid be DD I guess I should cancel that as She doesn't have enough in her account to pay

for the fraudulent transaction.