• Tweets

• you never use or give an email  2nd class stamp with free proof of posting from any po counter dx
    • Much appreciated for the ammendment. The snottier the better right!   What I am assuming is that this response is to be posted to Gladstones? However, I am seeing some users sending this as an email instead, which is a little confusing.  If we're happy with this response, what would you suggest is the best way to send it over to them (post/email), and is there anything additional I could include (if necessary)?  Thanks again! 
    • Hi I've read through other threads to better inform me of the process from here onwards. When I put in the MoneyClaim it gave me a claim number and it currently says to wait for the defendant to respond, they have until 7 August.   It seems their most likely action is to extend that a further 14 days to about 21 August - this hasn't happened yet, of course, as it is only 27 July but I'm anticipating that may be the case. when the expected defence action is taken by EVRi I will need to submit DQ with these responses A1 - no mediation B - my contact details C1 - yes to the small claims track D1 - No.  If No please state why.  I believe the defence will provide some rebuttal to the particulars of claim and so I need to include details as to why the claim requires a hearing.  Is there some certain templated text I can include here or will it vary depending on what the defendant comes back with? I see on the form it mentions the following: Relevant reasons include that there are factual disputes which will need the judge to hear from witnesses directly or the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally.  Hoping to reach out to see what may be the most effective statements for D1 reasoning. E1-5 are pretty straightforward. I want to get ahead of things and be ready to take the next step so I appreciate what advice you may have about the DQ.   Thanks!  
    • Rachel Reeves is set to reveal a public finances shortfall of billions on pounds after a snap audit.View the full article
    • Hi What they have asked in what you have highlighted isn't unusual at all as Councils have numerous different departments that deal with specific different areas within that council. So if what you are asking in your DSAR is say specific to Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Planning Permission etc then just let them know that specific area. On the other hand if you want every bit of DATA they hold on you then simply tell then ALL DATA they hold on you it's them up to then to go through all depts to check for it. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sky Tv

buzz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My son had Sky installed last year but due to him losing his job he couldnt pay it so they cut him off.

Now all he can get are the free channels.

He received a few letters from debt companies, but he didnt contact them.

However Sky have written to him to ask if he would like reconnecting.

They have said that they will write off 50% of the debt he owes, to a maximum of £100.

We are a bit unsure whether this is a con to get him to pay a chunk off the bill and then say they can't reconnect him.

Have any other users had similar happen to them?

If so, is it a genuine offer or is it a con.

All replies gratefully received.

Cheers,

Buzz.

hi buzz

we got into diffuculties with sky a few years ago, they then phoned us asking if we want to reconnect and that they would scrap the old debt, we done this and they have never asked for any money regarding old debt.

You should maybe push them to see if they will write all the debt off? If Happy33 got it all written off, maybe your son can too?! Maybe see if there s a default registered, and if so, if they would remove it?

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

They run offer like this all the time. You'll only get it all written off if there is an "offer" available for this; just phone them and ask what's the best they can do - they're pretty good. Same happened to me and I got half the debt written off and half price subscription for six months, with no minimum term. Happy days!

However Sky have written to him to ask if he would like reconnecting.

They have said that they will write off 50% of the debt he owes, to a maximum of £100..

It's a standard mailing - there are 2 types, the non-debtor ex-customers get a 'come back to Sky' offer that includes a discounted package deal for X number of months worth around £50-70 in cash terms. The debtors mailing offers to clear the debt on the account (no discounted channels) HOWEVER, it will be a NEW contract, not reactivating your old one, so it will have new terms and conditions AND you'll be committing to a minimum terms of 12 months or more.

There is also the possibility they have already sold your debt to Lowell Financial. They WILL clear it, but Lowell may already have put a default on your credit record, and that will stay in place for 6 years. It's worth looking a bit deeper.

It's a standard mailing - there are 2 types, the non-debtor ex-customers get a 'come back to Sky' offer that includes a discounted package deal for X number of months worth around £50-70 in cash terms. The debtors mailing offers to clear the debt on the account (no discounted channels) HOWEVER, it will be a NEW contract, not reactivating your old one, so it will have new terms and conditions AND you'll be committing to a minimum terms of 12 months or more.

Mine had gone to Intrum Justicia (or whatever they're called) and had been with them for 4 months. I got half off my debt, half price subscription for 6 months and the lady told me that I was not tied in, and could cancel any time.

So there is no new contract (it reactivates your old one) and you do get a subscription discount.

The other offer I got (earlier) was half off the debt OR half price for six months; a few weeks later I got offered both. This expired, I phoned them up six weeks later and asked if I could still have it, and got it.

As with their Correspondence Section - arse and elbow come to mind.....! What I'd really be interested to know is - in the light on an email I received from Sky saying they never pass your details to a CRA, whether they actually do this.

I owed around £160 to Sky, and got a phone call from them. After I asked them to confirm that they were in fact Sky, they asked my to pay £1 and they paid of the other £159.

I paid the £1, and guess what? The £159 dissapeared!

That was in November...

Halifax Prelim letter sent 2/08 Fob off recv'd : 7/08, Settled 17/08, without LBA even being sent : £240 agreed, just £28 short of what we were claiming for!

BoS: All statments recieved, totalling £1,680 before intrest, 09/08 CCA Request sent to Hollis Briggs Solicitors, Prelim sent on 12/8. Hollis briggs never did reply to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). LBA has been sent, and action has begun in the small claims court! Return date 2/11, Prelim. hearing 9/11. Hollis Briggs have dropped the account, which is now back under BoS head office control! BoS ignored court claim, and din't reply at all. Spoke to rachel Hinchliffe, who said they did not recieve summons, now in her personal hands. 2/11 - Recieved noticed of debt collection on this account from Wescot, just more evidence of icompetency, and for court! :lol:

Oh, I didnt think to check that!

My credit file is as black as two in the morning anyway, so my chances of getting credit for the next 7 years is probably out the window!

I shall be sending away fro my credit files shortly anyway, when I move onto phase two of HBoS. I believe they have defaulted me (definetley sent me to a DCA, which then got returned after court action started) and I want that removed. Not amended or noted, removed, LOL. If I notice anything else untoward on there I shall be getting that fixed as well...

I wish there was a section of the forum dedicated to this stuff, as I have grasped the conecpt of the SAR's and the CCA, but the credit file thing is still grey in my mind!

Halifax Prelim letter sent 2/08 Fob off recv'd : 7/08, Settled 17/08, without LBA even being sent : £240 agreed, just £28 short of what we were claiming for!

BoS: All statments recieved, totalling £1,680 before intrest, 09/08 CCA Request sent to Hollis Briggs Solicitors, Prelim sent on 12/8. Hollis briggs never did reply to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). LBA has been sent, and action has begun in the small claims court! Return date 2/11, Prelim. hearing 9/11. Hollis Briggs have dropped the account, which is now back under BoS head office control! BoS ignored court claim, and din't reply at all. Spoke to rachel Hinchliffe, who said they did not recieve summons, now in her personal hands. 2/11 - Recieved noticed of debt collection on this account from Wescot, just more evidence of icompetency, and for court! :lol:

Bloody Sky did not wipe my £88 debt off - now I am mad really mad indeed. They are nearly as bad as Crap one

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

Now why am I not surprised? In addition to writing to Sky, I've been (for a laugh) keeping up a dual-track with their online correspondence section, whilst I cannot fault their courteous manner, exery message they send me contradicts the one that precedes it....! What's even funnier, the thread of what they've said before is contained in the message - they only have to scroll down to read it - but they don't!

okonski - i knew I'd find your comments here, you and a Sky query go hand in hand!!!!

I rang up sky after being a loyal high subscription users for 6 years. told them I wanted to leave and got my packages reduced to haf price (bowt blinking time).

Sky never reward goods custoemrs do they?

I will keep my eye out for any other Sky money saving tips!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

yeh but I write eveyrthing down bit anal like that. so I'll no when my time sup then wait for them to contact me in a coupla weeks!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

I wish there was a section of the forum dedicated to this stuff, as I have grasped the conecpt of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s and the CCA, but the credit file thing is still grey in my mind!

You could try looking at the "Debt and Bailiffs Advice" area? Full of credit stuff, DCA's etc.

hi im having problems with sky and just needed advice.when i moved in2 my new home 2 years ago, i decided to cancel my sky subsciption as they were charging approx 100 to re-install at my new address. i rang up and disconnected my service. i then found i couldnt get telewest in my area so we rung up sky and did a new contract with them. i have had top package since then and very recently when checking my bank statements i realised im being charged twice. one for the cancelled acc and once for the live acc (my error was i didnt check my statements sooner or i would knw im being charged twice.) i wrote to sky and explained and apologised for not realising sooner so could they refund my money - over a thousand pounds. they replied NO :mad: as they 'apparently' had no confirmation of me cancelling and i have paid 4 past 2 yrs and they sent new subscription cards - which i never received. i sent a reply to say i hadnt had new cards and i did cancel the acc and i want my money. they replied today and again said no refund:mad: . can i take this further to get my hard earned money back?????????? pls help!!!!!!!!!:???:

Can you not ask them for a copy of proof of receipt for the new cards for the original acct? They must surely have to prove you received them rather than you have to prove you didnt. And just stick to your guns that you cancelled acct - surely that then breaks d\d agreement?

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

This one is really quite easy to sort out - a box can only be enabled for one viewing card, once the card is paired to it, any other card cecomes unusable. The fact Sky are being anally retentive does not surprise me, but the level on intelligence as to how their system works is patchy at best.

IF what you are saying is you have had two cards, and were paying erroneously for two subscriptiions, then only one receiver could decode their programming, so a refund is due. If they say you could have passed the 'spare' card to a friend, ask them for the information to identify which set top box ID was being used for BOTH card. If this turns out (as I suspect) to be the same ID, then only the last card enabled would work - so you are clearly due a refund.

If you get nowhere, you need to contact Sky with £10 for a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). You then get a printout of everything that happened on your account, not only when the card(s) were enabled, but what happened and the timeline for both your accounts. (When I got mine, it ran to 248 pages!).

Whilst nothing is a slam dunk, you really have such a good case, it would be no problem taking them to court. Do also point out in any negotiations that as the money paid needlessly is substantial, you will be charging them interest on it. Finally, I'm assuming you paid by DDM? Contact you bank also as this could be a speedier way to a resolution....!

thanks, i have checked my bank statements as i paid direct debit and i have been charged twice by them 4 two years. i argued the point with them like you said about the card working with only a particular box its registered 2 so the cards will not work with my new box but they are still not willing to refund my money:mad: . i did tell them in my last letter that i will take it further if no refund.what do you mean about charging interest on the money they owe?? i dont know what to do now, shall i bother writing another pointless letter which they will reply with the same crap or shall i pursue to the small claims court and see if that has any effect? pls help!!!!:confused: :confused:

Rupi - send a "Letter Before Action"; pay up within 14 days or we go to court.

On the 15th day, if they have not paid, start a claim.

The interest you can charge is 8% per year, (ONCE YOUR CLAIM IS STARTED) on each individual charge, from the date it was levied until the date your claim is heard in court or until they settle. That is, 0.0022% per DAY. There is a spreadsheet (written by Vampiress) which will work this out for you.

Cheers