Claiming back over limit charges after PPI mis sell upheld?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

has anybody successfully claimed back associated CC charges after a PPI claim has been upheld? If so how did you go about it and is there a template letter I've had a look and I can only find the standard one?

Any help appreciated!

Also just pinged off a PPI email to Santander for a Mothercare card I took out in store in 2004.wink.gif It won't be a huge amount as the premium has only been between £1-£5 month however it's better in my back pocket than theirs!tongue.gif

Still waiting to hear back from Capital One and have written my SAR letter to Natwest, so I'm not asking you to do it ALL for me smile.gif

Thanks

Hi

PPI claims do not prohibit or prevent you from going for a charges reclaim.

Have a read around the Barclaycard forum in particular as there are some excellent threads there which will guide you through the reclaim process.

ims

Hi

thanks for replying, I'm aware of that I'm just worried that a lot of the charges are for £12 and they can refuse to pay out as this was deemed 'fair' by the powers that be, but I want the £12 charges back too as it was only the payment of the PPI that took me over the limit, just making sure I have all the facts straight before I send the letter.

thanks again

Hi

Overlimit fees/late payment fees etc are deemed unlawful...doesn't matter that it was PPI that caused it....If it were me I'd look to reclaim them regardless.

Which lender is this by the way?

ims

Hi

I had a Nat west credit card and put in a claim for late fees , most were at £12.

They refunded all of them.

I was very surprised and accepted even though the interest was not in accordance with FOS guidance, but this was a small claim and I am happy withe the outcome.

So give it a go , you have nothing to lose.

Good Luck

W

• 1 year later...