Nationwide help

kazzalite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, new to this so not sure if this is right but need some advice.

I was recently helping my Grandmother move house and in packing we discovered a bank passbook for Nationwide for a savings account my Grandad had opened for me when I was born, this was in both my grandad and my names and my Gran was completely unaware of this. We opened the book and could see a few entries over a couple of years. Well as my Grandad passed away about 15 years ago and my Gran is now housebound I took the book to the branch to find out if the account was still valid ect as it had been so long. I explained all to the person at the desk and handed over the book. She looked at the inside passed the book back and explained that "she would need to see my grandad" shocked I again explained that that would be pretty hard. She then told me there was nothing she could do then and walked away. I feel this was not really acceptable but to be honest I am completely at a loss as to what if anything I can do futher. I was not even bothered about the money as its not going to be very much its the principle of the fact my grandad wanted me to have it and the attitude of the woman in the branch which stunk. Can anyone give me any advice on if I can do anymore or should I just forget about this and move on?

• 1 month later...

Hi Kazzalite and sorry this went unanswered.

If you want to complain about the shoddy treatment you got in the branch, I suggest you write to NW's Head Office setting out briefly what happened and how badly you feel you were treated.

Alternatively, you could return to the branch with a copy of your Grandad's Death Certificate, a copy of your passport and a utility bill in your name, to prove your address.

This should enable NW to acknowledge your GD's death and, hopefully, transfer the a/c into your sole name. I don't think you need to produce your GD's Will (if there was one) as you are named on the account. I'm assuming you are now 18 or over.

If you get bad treatment again, ask to speak to the manager and don't bother explaining the whole story to any other member of staff.

Please let us know how you get on.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)