Virgin Media Poor service

lostjonny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had some issues with my broadband service for over 12months, trying to discover and fix this issue has been troublesome, my connection looks and tests good if speedtest.net is used to check it but I had problems when using Xbox live, VM assured me that my connection was a good 30mbs down and 3mbs up. The problems persisted so I looked at my setup, I relocated the hub, installed new cables etc but yet no fix, I have contacted VM many times about this but they insisted that there was no fault on my connection, however over a 12 month period I had 4 engineer visits and 3 new hubs but the issue was not fixed.

In the end I called an independent company to check my networking and broadband setup, the results showed that although I did indeed have 30mps down and 3mbs up the connection was not stable, it was dropping outat very regular intervals. Again I contacted VM, they offered to remote connectto my PC and test the connection, I was told there was nothing wrong even though I insisted there was a problem which I supported by showing the VM staffmember a more precise connection test using Voip Quality testing. I was told it would be passed up to a supervisor and that I would get a call back, the call back never came so I wrote to VM asking them yet again if they would fix my connection, still no reply.

I decided to leave VM for all the above reasons, as they seem unwilling to help me resolve this issue and I really don’t have a choice. Today I received a phone call from VM from a rather stroppy young man informing me that I will incur charges for 3 month early cancellation of my contract, bearing in mind I have been with VM for well over 4 years as a refugee from NTL. From my point of view I believe they should refund me for the hours spent trying to fix this issue myself, paying for replacement equipment, third party opinion and for a substandard service forthe past 12 months.

Sory for the long post but hope this may help anyone thinking of using VM as a service provider.

Follow the advice here

Instead of the contact information in their complaints code, contact the CEO [email protected]

Keep us updated with how they solve this.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 month later...

I use them mainly for the 100m broad band but the tivo whuich in my case clearly was not as sold a better product than the v+ box but a different type of product that seemed to be still in Beta. I was told yes as I was in trial period I could go back but I would still have to pay the 50 odd set up fee help desk most unhelpful. As usual waited to ccol down checked price of BT who had just run fibre to our patch. Then my anual call to say that I am leaving and as every time so far someone who was helpful understood the concept of customer pay customer get and arranged to sort it all out as requested, what a business model you only get customer service if you are about to leave..I wonder how many dont go away and count all the fleas on the dog but just go straight to end of contract?