Nationwide Credit Card debt with Fredrickson Int Ltd and Bryan Carter

bohomiz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When you said about me sending the SB'ed letters to robbers - were you referring to the letter to Arrow Global, which you said I should do. Or did you mean something else?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah you see ...

i used the wrong nickname!

the rossers i meant!

send the SB letter to the rossers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Right (laughing). Got you now. Don't send it to Arrow - send to Rossers! I will change the address on the letter and send it to them instead recorded delivery and see what they say.

Thank you. I just got a bit confused - Robbers - Rossers - any difference at all?

save pennies

just use 2nd class with proof of posting.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

THE SKINNY

Nationwide Credit Card account opened 2005 when I was in full time education and in receipt of a bursary.

Left college in 06 due to depression

Was living with someone as a spouse so not entitled to benefits.

Difficulties gaining employment hence no payments to NW CC.

My last letter to NW = Oct 06.

Theirs to me = Nov 08

although between Oct 06 and Nov 08 they did write to me but I did not receive and read the letters (according to the copies I received from the SAR).

Wescott wrote to me in Jan 09 - I replied.

They replied in May 09 - I replied.

Nothing from them afterwards but then I moved 3rd week of that month so wouldn't have received anything from them anyway.

June 10 Fredrickson contact me.

I (stupidly) phone them and make payment arrangement of £20 pm.

Paid them until Oct 11 when found out about CAG via another source.

Feb 12 Fredrickson pass debt back to Arrow Global.

May 12 - Arrow Global pass debt to Rossendale Collect who are also bailiffs.

Please bear in mind that I was rather 'green' at the time and did not know what to do through good old fashioned fear.

If I had been a man I swear they would have come round and cut off my doo-dahs.

The reason I have written this is due to something I have just read onthe dpcregistry website in regards to statute barred debts:

(Statute Barred debts are debt accounts which have been dormant for over six years,

after which they cannot be pursued, by law, although the law can be a bit tricky as to what exactly constitutes a Statute Barred debt.

For example, if a debt is five years old and the bank or DPC writes to you about it and you write back,

then the clock starts ticking again, because you have acknowledged it and it is therefore not dormant.

Also, debts which would otherwise be statute barred which are themselves the subject of a Court Order cannot be considered statute barred

and do not come under the terms because of the Court Order. There are other matters which can affect the status of statute barred debts.)

Wescott, Moorcroft (who apparently had the debt after Wescott but who I did not receive letters from, probably because I had moved and I would not have received any)

and Fredrickson are DPCs as well as DCAs, and because I conversed with Wescott and Fredrickson have 'acknowledged' the debt by doing so

and which does not make the debt dormant.

The last date that NW and I conversed with each other expires in Oct 12 - 6 years. Unless you count my requesting a SAR.

I have written this out basically to clear my head but also because the people on this site who have helped me to date (dx100 especially - thank you)

know a lot more that I do and am therefore relying on your knowledge.

I did read on another website (can't remember it for the life of me now) where when a debt is purchased it is just the company name (if that) ,

client details and the amount of the debt and nothing more - no letters, no dates - nothing like that. I do not know if this is true.

I'm going to post my letter to Rossendales on Monday but I guess I'm more nervous about this company because they are bailiffs. I just want to get this situation sorted out once and for all.

I'm currently on ESA of just under £200 per fortnight, and although I received my latest payment on Wednesday I have just £25 to see me through until my next payment on 30 May. The £173 went on paying my bills.

It's 02.15 in the morning and I'm tired so I've probably rambled for which I apologise, but thank you in advance for any additional light/help/assistance you can give.

With kind regards.

Bohomiz

ADD ON

Sorry.

In Dec 11 I sent Fredrickson a letter informing them that I would be contacting NW for a SAR

and enclosed a copy of the Statute Barred information from the dpcregistry website along with info about Fredrickson.

Fredrickson wrote back with a one paragraph letter sayin they understand the positon and will give me 30 days before writing to me again.

I have not heard from them since,

and last weekend I found out via their Fredpay site (where I printed off a copy of my payments to date to them)

that they had passed the debt back to Arrow Global.

Why did 'they' stop harassing me and pass the debt back?

That is what I have found confusing.

Is it because I found something out e.g. Statute Barred and so thought it better to get someone else to bully me for the money instead?

woe hold on there.......

rossers are NOT acting as bailiffs here, they are actign as DCA's, - no legal powers - they have two 'wings' - so put all thoughts of bailiffs OUT of you head.

simply replying to a letter about an alleged debt does not reset the clock

you are assuming [again] that a dca tells the truth, or actually write anything that remotely

is within guidelines.

the first rule y need to remember about DCA's is they will do/say/wite anything that spofs you into paying a deb that is not owed

they are not the least bit interested if if the debt exists legally, all they want is money.

and that site you went to is at the end of the day looking to help by you paying them to manage a DMP.

dx

and they

ADD ON

Sorry.

In Dec 11 I sent Fredrickson a letter informing them that I would be contacting NW for a SAR

and enclosed a copy of the Statute Barred information from the dpcregistry website along with info about Fredrickson.

Fredrickson wrote back with a one paragraph letter sayin they understand the positon and will give me 30 days before writing to me again.

I have not heard from them since,

and last weekend I found out via their Fredpay site (where I printed off a copy of my payments to date to them)

that they had passed the debt back to Arrow Global.

Why did 'they' stop harassing me and pass the debt back?

That is what I have found confusing.

Is it because I found something out e.g. Statute Barred and so thought it better to get someone else to bully me for the money instead?

you are learning!!

dx

and they

Thank you DX, and I thought it was just me up at this time of the morning (laughing).

Although I find this confusing I also find it interesting. I have just watched ITVs 'EXPOSURE' about Rossendale with dear darling Jullie Green-Jones and John Boost. Nice chappy. He does look the type of chap who would cut off your doo-dah's - a woman's as well.

It's 4am and I'm too wide awake.

Thanks again. I will post my letter to Rossers on Monday and see what happens.

With thanks.

BM

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone

I haven't been online since 20 May as there hasn't been anything to report.

On 22 May I posted my letter to Rossendales (recorded delivery) and I received a reply to that very letter today. Below is what they wrote, word for word.

"We thank you for your recent communication, the contents of which has been noted.

In regards to your recent query we have liaised with our client who has confirmed that this account is not statued barred as they received correspondence from you in September 2006 in regards to a complaint and also you sent a subject access request in April 2012, both these instances confirm acknowledgement of the account.

To discuss a payment arrangement please contact our offices on blah blah blah."

Is an acknowledgement of the account different to an acknowledgement of the debt?

Also, it makes no mention of my correspondence with Fredricksons and the £320 I have already paid.

So what happens now? I am open to all suggestions and any and all assistance is as always greatly appreciated.

I know the Olympics are on and people are wanting to watch that, but any help is appreciated.

I am not going to lay down and accept this as 'gospel' and will continue to fight this.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give to me.

BohoMiz

I have now sorted my internet access out and have 24/7 access whereas before it was 24 hours twice a month.

And they have it confirmed by their client that the account is not statued barred - I don't have that confirmation.

I've been reading some debt websites and some are saying that a debt isn't statute barred if letters have been sent/received in regards to that debt.

The last correspondence I sent to Nationwide was at the end of August 2006 (the letter that Rossendales' are referring to)

stating that I don't have any money to pay the debt.

Although I received my SAR paperwork there are no statements of when I paid any funds to the account at the time.

Fredrickson's tracked me down and I started paying them money in July 2010 until October 2011, £320 to date.

Should I now take this matter/situation further as in the CAB because I'm getting rather bamboozled by it all.

I'm not going to just start paying funds unless I have too.

And as already stated I received two letters from Wescott in Hull: one in January 2009 and one in May 2009; both I replied too. After the second letter I had moved and that is when Fredricksons came into play in July 2010. Sorry for the slapdash info but some things are coming back to me.

Any and all help gratefully appreciated.

BM

Ok Statute Barred == NO PAYMENT OR EXPLICIT ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF THE DEBT IN WRITTING FOR ^ CLEAR YEARS.

Letters chasing the debt from the creditor or DCA have no effect on the above not do Subject Access Request

or a CCA request they are lawful requests for information and do no acknowledge liabilit.

I'm afraid if other sites state otherwise they are very wrong.

Your letter may have acknowledged the debt the SAR most

certainly does not.

Did you keep a copy of the letter you sent?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

well said brig

dx

and they

sit on your hands do nothing more

dx

and they

BRIG: I still have a copy of the Statute Barred letter I sent to Rossendales on my computer. That is the only correspondence I had with them to date.

DX: If I sit on my hands and do nothing more as in reply to Rossendales latest letter, what do you think will happen, or know will happen? Or are you waiting to see what happens?

BM

So cross that bridge when it comes to it.

I'm all for that.

Sending a letter for money with menaces isn't going to make me back down for sure, which is obviously what they hope will happen.

They are saying this, that and the other but I don't have any of that proof and if they think their word is god they are very much mistaken.

It makes me want to fight more, not back down and play dead for them.

BM