Training Agreement Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am currently tied into a Training Agreement with my employers but due to issues with the company, including a grievance not being correctly dealt with (like another forum member and colleague on here) and so much more, i may well either be made redundant or leaving the company. If i leave then i will be forced to pay off the remaining amount, of which is not financially possible for me to do. The training agreement was for £2250 and over 5 years.

I have attached the training agreement (edited out company name etc) for anyone to have a look at and give any info in regards to the legality side of the agreement, if i can get out of it (especially if i am made redundant or my grievance is not dealt with correctly). I had no option but to sign this agreement if i wanted the job, of which i did of course, and i do not want to leave but the current problems and issues the company has may well leave Me and many other staff with no option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Ben[ATTACH=CONFIG]30481[/ATTACH]

TA Page 1.jpg

TA Page 2.jpg

Arsenal2011It would appear that agreeing to this training programme was a necessary condition for getting the job and therefore failing to agree would result in you not getting it. Would this be an accurate assessment of the position?There are three glaring points regarding the 'Agreement' that I would suggest makes it invalid and legally worthless.1.You have signed a 'Declaration' stating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions on which a loan was made. This does not mean or say that you agreed, merely that you have read and understood it.2.You understand the company's idea of the consequences of terminating your employment. Again understanding does not signify acceptance.3.Even if the above two points were to fall, which is unlikely, they are attempting to place you under an obligation to repay the loan if you leave the company. They place no obligation on you to repay if they dismiss you.Hope you find this helpful.Good Luck.

Edited by CONCILLIATOR