• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Finance request PPI claim goes back to insolvency practioner as discharged bankrupt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Submitted a PPI claim on a secured loan with Welcome Finance.

The agreement was in arrears due to bankruptcy in 2007 and my house was repossessed.

The property was over valued and was on the market for two years with Kensington Mortgage Company.

Eventually Kensington sold the property at auction and did not receive enough money to pay the mortgage.

The bankruptcy was discharged in the October 2007 and I have never received any requests to repay the debt.

Now that I have made a PPI claim Welcome are insisting that the official receiver has to sign the paperwork and act on my behalf.

Has anyone got any advice on this.

i thought all welcome PPI stuff was now handled by the FSCS?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi the FSCS are dealing with it and they are advising that I have to get the insolvency practioner to sign the application form which they have had in there possession for months.

They advised me just within timescale.

This has been ongoing since April 2011.

As I had declared that I had been bankrupt and discharged the practioner had to deal with my affairs relating to the repossession of my property.

All the welcome claims that are prior to a certain date I think 2003 are not managed by the FSCS or the FOS.

So who will deal with those complaints.

I am being passed from Welcome to Aviva as none of them are claiming responsibility for being the broker who sold me the insurance.

How do I get that money back?

This has all been ongoing since April its now October and I am no closer to receiving my money back.

The only claim they will pay out on they have calculated how much I should be owed and are stating that they are going to use the money to pay off the secured loan which is in arrears.

I dont even know if there calculations are correct.

I have bad news for you. You may never see the money. Here is an answer I got on the forum when I asked if an IP had a claim on PPI post discharge

i can give you a definitive answer, it belongs to the OR (or trustee) (btw the trustee can be reinstated at any time if other assets come to light, so just because they were released doesn't meant the asset returns to you)

The asset did exist at the date of the bankruptcy in the form of a right of action which became part of the bankruptcy estate whether known or unknown, there is no time limit on the trustee realising an asset like this (from the bankruptcy standpoint) it remains an asset in the bankruptcy forever until dealt with (unlike a family home for instance which has a 3 year time limit)

The IS currently has a team that is going through all the cases from 6 yearslink3.gif ago onwards looking for PPI claims and has a solicitor team fighting these en masse to recover the monies, at some point they are going to come accross bankrupts who claimed these back and taken the money, these bankrupts are then likely to get a not so nice phone calllink3.gif from the OR

Hi I am going to notify the trustee however this loan was a secured loan jointly in my x partners name.

Welcome never pursued my x partner for the debt in the last four years.

Had my name as lead name on the agreement and have tried to use another PPI claim to settle the existing debt.

My house was repossessed due to the second charge on the mortgage with Welcome and I ended up still owing them money.

As it is tied into the house dont I qualify under the three year ruling.

The other issue is that my x partner has got away from all this scott free and I dont really know how much money we are talking about here.

The PPI was on a 25k secured loan and there are arrears charges, mortgage indemnity fee charges etc.

If I could have claimed from this PPI when it all happened I wouldnt have had to have gone bankrupt.

Are you saying that all this is in the hands of the trustee and there is nothing I can do to even challenge this.

pm ims21 to look in

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...