Advice Needed

charlee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just checked my credit file (Im looking to go self-employed so needed to know if I can raise funds to kick start it) and here's what I found.

Before I begin I want to give you a bit of background information so Im not judged too harshly. I lived with my parents and found out I was pregnant back in December 2005. Out of wedlock and coming from a religious family I was told to leave (well, no, I got a text message at work saying I wasnt to return, not even for my things and police would be called if I did), so I only had the clothes I stood up in. I spent all my money from my job (minimum wage) getting somewhere sorted. I didnt return to work after maternity leave.

2 DCA's have logged defaults against some old debts (the original debts have now fallen off). Can I challenge them to remove these (as I understand only OC's can do this)?

I have 2 old mobile phone accounts, both in my name. 1 is genuinely in dispute, its to t-mobile but the DCA has said that t-mobile have not dispute logged (I went into my local store to dispute it). How do I go about disputing it?

1 is 3. It was for my brother but was in my name (he was 17 when I took it out). It went on long after I was made homeless (stupidly, I didnt cancel or anything but I did have a lot of other things on my mind). How do I go about getting the length of the original contract? The reason being, if it was a 12 month 1, I had already challenged it before I was made homeless and told 3 that I wanted to cancel at the earliest opportunity, and I wanted it capped at the contract amount (my brother was running it into hundreds of pounds and not paying me back). I also asked that they put it into my brothers name when he turned 18 (7 months after it was taken out) but they refused. They didnt cap it, as requested, and, it wouldve meant the contract wouldve been up a month before I was made homeless.

Any help would be much appreciated as Im in a catch 22 - I cant set up my business with these debts but I cant pay them until Im earning.