• Tweets

• Met are out of order in this new version of their PCN. They show your car arriving and leaving via the ANPR cameras. They then go on to describe this as the parking period knowing full well that since your car still has to drive to a parking space and later drive from the parking space to the exit. How this can be described as a parking period with so much driving involved is beyond me.    
    • I have a similar issue, I was caught shoplifting in M&S last fortnight (which I'm ashamed of) and I received a letter from DWF with the £125 fine and the price of the goods. I've paid the money. The police were not called, but a police letter was sent to a presumed suspect. Will this letter affect the options I choose when applying for a visa (I checked many posts and found no one who has received a similar letter). Is it all over after paying the money? I'm so anxious about it all!
    • I used to go to the Sainsbury's in the Cromwell Road London and my wife used to get PCNs there. I just spoke to a manage onsite and they were good enough to get them cancelled. If you take in the PCN , they photograph it and that is the end of it. Which is what should happen with major companies when their customers are ripped off by the rogues. Are you listening Mcdonalds and Starbucks?
    • I was caught shoplifting in M&S last fortnight (something I'm ashamed of) and I received a letter from DWF containing a fine of £125 and the price of the goods. I've paid the money. The police were not called, but a new police letter was received with a presumed suspect. Will this letter affect the options I choose when applying for a visa? Is it all over after paying the money? I'm so anxious about it all!
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

JKOP Vs Cahoot

jkop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

doh! Called up Abbey,

She thought she's sent it off and wouldn't have know if I hadn't called, though will look better on me in court that I try to be fair in my claim and hopefully will speed things up in the long term because I would have got judgement but they would have probably tried to get it set aside saying they sent defence which would have delayed things even longer.

She thanked me for letting her know and she did ask if I had a figure in mind to settle the case lol.. I said sure... the full amount including my costs :D

She said she couldn't do that but would have a look at my case and come back to me with an offer today. Might be tempted with ALL charges plus court cost but minus interest if settled now as this is what I'd have got if they settled at LBA stage.

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Capital One SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V Cahoot Credit Card SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you did the right thing calling her up - they would only have overturned the judgement and prolonged everything. And although I can see you'd be tempted to take a settlement less than you've claimed for, I think you should hold out and bargain hard with her - the interest is probably quite a bit on your claim.....

yep amount £275.. i'll try not to be weak!! :)

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

lol too true - :D

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

Keep at it JKOP. Stick to your guns and don't accept anything less than what you are entitled to.

First Direct - £2791.84 received in full and final settlement.

Cahoot - Agreed to settle for full amount of £2024

Abbey National - AQ questionnaire returned and 50% offered

Lloyds Bank - AQ questionnaire returned

will do - I told her when she said did I have a figure in mine... I said der.. the full amount, she said well TBH we'd rather go to court and lose (which I laughed) but she's going to come back to me with an offer today but I'm going for full amount, I nearly weakened yesterday!

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

thats what made me laugh, I was tempted to forgoe the interest in return for quick payment but I'm going to be strong!

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

It is a temptation to settle for less. Especially when they offer you just below what you are asking for. It is very hard to turn down money! I've no doubt as your court date gets closer they will offer you the full amount.

First Direct - £2791.84 received in full and final settlement.

Cahoot - Agreed to settle for full amount of £2024

Abbey National - AQ questionnaire returned and 50% offered

Lloyds Bank - AQ questionnaire returned

indeed! I'm going for full amount, why should I let them have some of MY money!

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

Right finally got AQ though this morning - now going to fill it out - woman from abbey hasn't called back since we spoke the other day with her offer so shall i give her a call before I post off AQ or just send off regardless? shall I say - would she like to settle and save more money or shall I not call at all - as I don't want to look desperate .

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

How does this sound for the AQ:

I have two questions - in their defence they have said if the charges aren't proportionate then I should pay what is... but in the text below I say I'm suprised they haven't counterclaimed - Itake it they haven't actually counterclaimed right?

Also - is there a better wording for B) as at the moment it's accidentally gone to Coventry Court and I want it locally to me.

A) NO

B) YES - Dartford County Court. I, as a private individual with limited resources, are claiming against a company who carries on business in this location with huge resources, then the case should be heard locally to me.

C) YES

D) 0

E) NO

F) NO

G) I believe the case will last no longer than 1 hour. I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation.

H) Fee attached

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

Hey Jkop,

Shame she never phoned you back eh?!

I don't know the answer to your question but would love to know because obviously it will influence what I write in mine. (I haven't actually received my AQ yet - will have to phone the court on Monday if nothing received by then.)

Hope somebody answers, will continue looking.

Also - have you tried the Abbey forum? The defence seems exactly the same from the few threads I've read.

had a very interesting and frank chat with inga - seems an honest and nice enough lady. basically they are in undated and have to check all the charges off against our statements before settling and won't do that until nearer AQ due date (as they are dealing with all the claims whos AQ are due now) so basically I'll get offer/settlement just before date AQ is due.

So basically don't file the AQ till nearer the due date as it won't speed anything up and a) you'll get offer/settlement and b) save having to pay £100 extra in the mean time.

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

not 100% sure it's at home I think she said 17th November, she said that they get an alert on the PC as to who's AQ are due in a few days and then deal basically each in order of priority. so basically I shall wait till nearer that date before filing mine

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

AQ all filled out ready to be posted - shall wait until nearer deadline before posting.

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

no offer yet from inga - going to give here until tuesday morning then I post off my AQ (due 17th)

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

going to call her and as i'm posting AQ off today, give her a last chance to settle.

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

she's gone out... so i'm just going to post the AQ off today, not risking being late from my end!

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

AQ all posted the other day - wonder how soon I'll get a court date and if they'll transfer to my local court as requested?

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

Cheque has been cashed by the Courts today!

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

• 2 weeks later...