Claiming back arrears charges etc - where to start.

Pupter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've just managed to stop our eviction and this has thrown up the possibility I can try and claim back all my arrears charges etc. I once had a mortgage with Mortgages PLC going back 10-5 years ago, I know there were charges on there from a time of redundancy, we are no longer with them. My current mortgage used to be with one company but they have sold it to another. So

1) Where do I start?

2) Mortgages PLC turned me down in 2006, can I still try again on the basis that we now know that we can go for it?

3) Would it be safe to go for the current company or can this cause problems, the judge suspended the warrant and said as long as we clear the current arrears we are safe

Thanks

if you've not already got them

you will need to sar them for all the statements

and saw you won, see it wasn't that bad!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, surprisingly it wasn't that bad! Thanks to CAG.

Right will dig about on here and find the SAR, so is it ok to send to current and mortgages PLc? What about the fact they turned me down in 2006, does that mean I can't try again as it is after three years or can I argue that since the world has moved on and the Redstone case I have cause to believe I am entitled to ask again now?

Hi

I've just posted this is my old thread and realised it is probably better served here. Any advice gratefully received yet again

Right

The mortgage company have seen my insurance paperwork at last and have confirmed I had cover the whole time they have sent me a letter today saying that they will refund me an amount but it is £243 less than all the premiums they have actually charged me. So I need to write to them I imagined and query this, but I have one question. Can I ask for the refund to include the difference plus the interest on the amounts ie the 8%?

Also there are charges going back the past year or so, they have also said in the letter they normally charge a £35 for every month you are in arrears BUT won't charge it if I stick to my payment plan (which I will barring something unforeseen of course!) so again a couple of questions. Do I dare go after the current company or is that risking their wrath and if I go for it, I guess its the SAR route again? Also if they will charge this only if I don't pay one month from now on, can I then argue that it doesn't actually cost them £35 or £50 a month to administer an arrears account if they are prepared to waive it now?

i would stick to ONE threads per debt/issue

do you want them merged?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did think that but thought as I was now an eviction succes rather than ongoing people would probably not read through to the end of that thread. Shall I just post the questions on here now and ignore that other thread completely so as not to confuse things? As this is an ongoing issue I need a little help with and am not sure where to turn next?