repossession 6th sept 2011

jammydodger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I received a letter yesterday that my home is going to be repossed on 6/09/11. I need to complete n244 form. can some one please help. I originally owed 10k arrears in 2008 and have paid till 5 months ago when still continued to pay mortgage but did not pay the 150 extra as they changed my mortgage company and arrears now is 3,600. I phoned company to add the 150 to my mortgage and they refused and said they are going to enforce repossession. I am willing to pay the extra 150 a month which have paid in july. Can someone please help me to complete n244 form.

Hi

I have just found your other thread and merged it with this one.

Are you able to afford the extra £150 per month?

They will be charging arrears fees on the mortgage, any idea how much and how many to date?

Can you fill in an income and expenditure sheet to work out what you can actually afford? The website National Debtline have a good income and expenditure form you could use. The budget sheet can be downloaded here:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/budget_sheet.php?country=england_wales

Someone will be along later to help.. .

Edited by ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi there, I will help you with the N244. Can you be online in the morning ? In the meantime can you fill in the affixed budget sheet as you will need to affix it to the N244 - it calculated automatically as you fill it in.

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, before I can help with a statement for the N244, can you answer the following questions please:

1. have you already been to court and got a suspended possession order and have you now received an eviction warrant ?

2. what was the reason for missing the £150 arrears payment?

3. Did you make an offer in writing to the lender to recommence paying the £150 extra?

4. is the mortgage in joint names ?

5. are there any children living at home ?

6. have you completed the budget sheet ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn

we went to court in 2008 and have been paying until in february received a letter that our mortgage has been taken over by engage credit. we have paid all mortgage payments except the 150 as it was attached to monthly payments before, then when they change over engage credit did not include it in monthly payment. I called them in June to ask why and was told that is our responsibility to pay the 150. I asked why it was not included in monthly payments as before but was told that we need to complete another budget to see if payments can be increased. I advise that i wll pay 150 as thats what i can afford and have been paying it since feb 2008. my arrears has come down forn approx 10k in 2008 to 3,600 now.

My mortgage is in my husband and i names

We have 3 children and have completed a budget sheet that you sent us yesterday

OK, what happened to the 5 payments of £150 that should have been paid - did you not notice until June that they had not been taking it ?

Hi

Mortgage payments was been taken from my husbands account and he was out of the country for 9 week to attend his mothers funeral and sorting out family problem so did not know till he was checking statements. We want to make a payment of 300 today and then try to talk to engage credit again but we want to do the n244 form just in case

Is the £300 you want to make payment of today 2 x £150 arrears payment? which months do they represent ?

I will start to draft a statement to go with the N244. Will you be able to hand it in to the court tomorrow ?

Hi Eii-enn do you think we stand a chance with the court as we are behind with the 5 arrears payment. I am so worried that we stupidly put ourselves in this position again although the funeral was unexpected as his mother went on holiday as died to days into hols. you can understand what we had to go through with something so unexpected .

As soon as things became less hectic my husband checked statement because he never ever wanted to go through it again and we noticed the missed payments.

So really there is only March & April's arrears payments missing?

Given that you have reduced the arrears considerably since 2008 - there is no way a judge would allow eviction because of a blip in payments which was also compounded by a bereavement.

OK, back shortly with a statement :)

Quick question, when are you making the £300 payment ?

OK, can you print off proof of the payment you made in July and the payments today (if you are on internet banking you should be able to do that). I've just got back from work so will finalise your statement later this evening - can you be online later?

Also, are you OK with filling in the rest of the N244 - did you get the instructions from another thread on here?

OK, that's great. Will affix your statement shortly when I've done dinner.

Affixed is the statement to go with Q.10 of the N244 – you need to fill in the information where there are XXX's (remove the xxx's) read it through carefully to make sure it is correct and you have replaced all the xxx's with information.When you print it out the printer needs to be set for A4 paper (not Letter size) so it all fits on one page.

When you have printed the proof of payments write the Claim number on the top left hand corner and Appendix 1 on the top right hand corner. Do the same on the budget sheet except it will be Appendix 2.

Now assemble as follows:

N244 - signed

Statement - signed

Proof of payments – Appendix 1

Budget sheet - Appendix 2

This forms the pack to take to court. Make sure it is stapled securely together. You will need to take a photocopy of it all for yourselves so you have a set to refer to in the hearing. When you take it to the court you will need to pay a fee of £40.00 and it will need to be in cash. The court staff should be able to give you a date for the hearing while you are there.

Jammy dodger Statement for N244.doc