• Tweets

• good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • The clock is ticking for savings providers. They now have just a few weeks left to get their act together and start offering loyal customers a good deal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Getting my knickers in a twist about going to court!

southerner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Bill.

Wanabee:cool:but easily :confused:ed!!

23/6 Data Protection Act + £10

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

7/71 yr sttmts (2nd a/c) Faxed auth. 4 £10m'fiche

9/7 Screen prints 1 1/2 mths 1st a/c/2 1/2 mths 2nd a/c

11/7 20 mths sttmts 1st a/c

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

5/8-8/9, 7/8 3 "sorry not happy"/"m'fiche not covrd"ltrs

9/8 IFO form & backup mat'l

10/8 LBA/calcs 2 Dawn Hoyle

CHECK COPY STMNTS - DON'T HAVE CHARGES AT FRONT

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

26/9 Rej. ltr/7 days 2 court action (1st a/c)

10/10 Moneyclaim form online (1st a/c)

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

4/1/2007 Preliminary court hearing due

30th Dec. 2006 REC'D FULL PAYMENT INTO BANK ACCOUNT - ABBEY's WITHDRAWN!!:D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a copy of the banks AQ today. In part D they have stated that:

"In the interests of commerciality and in the light of the minimal excess of the claim above the small claims threshold, the Defendant consents to the entirety of the claim being dealt with in the small claims track"

Have they agreed to this because they hope they will be able to avoid standard disclosure? I did include the following passage in my AQ:

"I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation."

At the time I submitted my claim it was for £7871 + int. It has now risen to £8076 + int due to receipt of archived statements, further charges and the correction of an error. Can I wait until I submit the court bundle till I inform Abbey and the court of this, or should I tell them now?

I get the impression from the newsletter (extract copied in a previous post) that I can claim for my expenses even if the claim is allocated to the small claims track because the claim is for over £5000. Is this correct? What happens about the fact that I have paid the fee for fast track?

Incidentally, in Part D the name of the witness has been given as "A Bank Officer of Abbey National PLC". Is this usual?

I looked up the word "commerciality" in Dictionary.com. Apparently it means "ability to produce a profit". Can I use this against Abbey?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I'm hoping somebody might know some of the answers.

I think you have to amend your claim to take into account the new amount and the error. I think that will cost you about £35 ,but not sure so give the court a ring to find out or wait for a more knowledgable reply to your post.

If you win you get your fee back, and on the small claims track you do not get costs or pay them if you loose. So forget that one, just ensure full disclosure.

Not seen the 'officer of Abbey National PLC' before, but they have to name some one so this is as good as it gets.

Use anything you can against them, I replied to a letter from a credit card company reminding the that charges should not be set for commercial reasons alone, and then received a full refund. So good point.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

I am still awaiting my copy of Abbey's AQ - most prob say the same though.

Jax

Marbles/HSBC - SETTLED IN FULL

Beneficial/HSBC - SETTLED IN FULL 01/08/2006

NatWest Cr Cd - SETTLED IN FULL in respect of default judgement obtained 06/09/06

Natwest - SETTLED IN FULL 20/10/06

Abbey T/A Business Account - SETTLED IN FULL 07/03/2006 :grin:

Abbey Current Account - SETTLED IN FULL 16/03/2006 :grin:

Citi - SETTLED IN FULL 17/05/2007 :D

Natwest Business Account - On going

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't posted for a while as I was without the internet (and a phone) for a few days and then my PC was playing up. Great timing eh!

I have been given a court date of 7th March, with the bundle required by 29th December. The case has been allocated to the small claims track "by consent" even though it is for over £5000.

I will be sending this letter to the judge tomorrow (i believe it is originally Karnevil's)

With reference to the above claim and the defence received from the defendant, I feel this is not complete in that the calculations required to prove the costs of the purported breach of contract are not included within the defence.

In your indulgence, I would respectfully ask, that you order disclosure of the calculations which justify the charges in question, that the Defendant may intend to use to defend the claim.

I understand that it is within your discretion to do so.

I believe such an order would bring a rapid end to this litigation.

I have also prepared a letter of my own to send to Abbey and would welcome comments as to whether I should send it. Also, if I do, should I attach a copy of the letter I'm sending to the judge?

I am enclosing updated copies of the spreadsheets showing the charges that have been applied to our accounts and the interest that has accrued thereon. The spreadsheets have been amended to include actual, rather than estimated, charges following receipt of transaction details from Pam Speed, Business Manager on two of the accounts.

Although this claim will be heard in the small claims court, it is for over £5000. I will therefore be applying to the judge for repayment of my costs under CPR48. These will include the cost of paper, ink, postage etc, as well as the cost of my time @ £9.25 per hour. To date this amounts to:

Letters / forms including postage: £10.23

Letters / Forms preparation 9.5 hours @ £9.25/hour: £87.88

Research and planning 56.5 hours @ £9.25/hour: £522.63

Total costs to date: £622.24

I will begin to prepare our bundle for the court hearing in 7 days from the date of this letter. I anticipate that this will be time consuming and therefore will increase my costs significantly. However, should you settle the claim of £8,076.00 in full, plus interest to the date funds clear, before this date I will forgo my claim for costs. Your settlement must also include our court fees of £350 and Abbey’s fee for copy statements of £10.

abbey didnt bother to file the AQ in my case i am in the proces of writing to them now along the lines of "for such a small claim ( £1070) is it worth alloowign the judge to dismiss your defence ( as he has the right to do) and awarding the case to me, applyign to set aside ( which they will do) and then getting a hearing date they will settle before anyway, when in fact they can pay me now and ill drop the case, ergo no ccj no need for lengthy (costly) lawyer bills" or words to that effect :p we shall see where i get.

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

Hi Southerner, I am in a situation where my claim is just under £5000 and yet the court is preparing to allocate to fast track. I would like to send a letter that might encourage Abbey to settle sooner rather than later. How much did you charge for each Letters / forms? where you have stated Letters / forms including postage: £10.23.

I hope somebody with a bit more know-how comes back to you with regards to your letter, but I think it looks fine.

Jax

Marbles/HSBC - SETTLED IN FULL

Beneficial/HSBC - SETTLED IN FULL 01/08/2006

NatWest Cr Cd - SETTLED IN FULL in respect of default judgement obtained 06/09/06

Natwest - SETTLED IN FULL 20/10/06

Abbey T/A Business Account - SETTLED IN FULL 07/03/2006 :grin:

Abbey Current Account - SETTLED IN FULL 16/03/2006 :grin:

Citi - SETTLED IN FULL 17/05/2007 :D

Natwest Business Account - On going

I haven't posted for a while as I was without the internet (and a phone) for a few days and then my PC was playing up. Great timing eh!

I have been given a court date of 7th March, with the bundle required by 29th December. The case has been allocated to the small claims track "by consent" even though it is for over £5000.

I will be sending this letter to the judge tomorrow (i believe it is originally Karnevil's)

I have also prepared a letter of my own to send to Abbey and would welcome comments as to whether I should send it. Also, if I do, should I attach a copy of the letter I'm sending to the judge?

When you write to the judge i would also add the comments about expert witnesses from abbey along these lines.

There is no necessity of any expert evidence in this claim, the matter of the banks charges are a matter of facts not expert evidence, accordingly i would request that the request for expert testimony is refused. Since this claim is about the Claimants Contract with the defendant then any comparisons with other banks lending practises is also irrelevant.

Or something like that.

You have asked for SCC and therefore i am pretty certain that you cannot apply for costs. Id have to go check the CPR and don't have the time right now.

If you want to encourage them to settle then you can copy this to the judge. However, be warned that if you or the abbey have sent a previous letter marked 'without prejudice save as to costs' with a genuine attempt to settle, then irrespective of whether you mark your letter the same, it could be deemed as such and could cause you some embarrassment if and when you meet the judge.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

If you want to encourage them to settle then you can copy this to the judge. However, be warned that if you or the abbey have sent a previous letter marked 'without prejudice save as to costs' with a genuine attempt to settle, then irrespective of whether you mark your letter the same, it could be deemed as such and could cause you some embarrassment if and when you meet the judge.

Oops! I can see how my question was ambiguous. What I meant to ask was, should I send the bank a copy of the letter I'm sending to the judge?

BTW, I haven't received any letters from Abbey with or without prejudice, apart from the standard holding letters.

You have asked for SCC and therefore i am pretty certain that you cannot apply for costs. Id have to go check the CPR and don't have the time right now.

I'd be happy to research this myself if you could point me in the right direction. I tried googling CPR48 but couldn't find anything useful.

Thanks for your suggested extra paragraph for the letter, Glenn. I shall add it.

Thanks Karn. The link you gave me wasn't quite relevant, but it introduced me to the website, which was very helpful.

Unfortunately it would appear I shot myself in the foot by asking for the case to be referred to the scc:

SECTION 26 SCOPE OF PART 46:

RULE 46.126.1

Part 46 applies to the costs of an advocate for preparing for and appearing at the trial of a claim in the fast track.

26.2 It applies only where, at the date of the trial, the claim is allocated to the fast track. It does not apply in any other case, irrespective of the final value of the claim.

26.3 In particular it does not apply to:

(a)the hearing of a claim which is allocated to the small claims track with the consent of the parties given under rule 26.7(3)

General rule for allocation

26.7 (3)The court will not allocate proceedings to a track if the financial value of the claim, assessed by the court under rule 26.8, exceeds the limit for that track unless all the parties consent to the allocation of the claim to that track.

Oh well, I suppose I'd better start preparing the court bundle and then just sit back and wait for March.

Unless you have any suggestions as to how I could try to speed things up.....:|

Does anyone have a phone number for the lovely Inga at Abbey? I've been inspired by Lager_Lou to give her a call to see if I can sort something out before I start photocopying 6 years worth of statements for 3 accounts in triplicate!!

Having read Chilli and Noorbrider's threads I'm tempted to email Inga or Christine to ask for the address to send the bundle (I haven't received any correspondence other than standard fob-offs from Abbey) and to suggest they might wish to settle before they incur any further costs. What do you think? And does anyone have an email address or phone number I can Inga or Christine?

13/11/06 - Request for statements made by phone

18/11/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent by recorded first class post

21/11/06 - 10 duplicate statements received

22/11/06 - Letter from Abbey requesting £10 and a request to complete their form

15/12/06 - Received statements for last 6 years

18/12/06 - PRELIM LETTER sent

03/01/07 - LBA LETTER sent

17/01/07 - GOGW received & accepted as part payment

19/01/07 - N1 posted to Court

28/01/07 - Claim deemed served

30/01/07 - Abbey filed an acknowledgement to defend

17/02/07 - Received defence and offer of 50%

Don't hold your breath though I've sent two emails over the last three days and have yet to receive a reply

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

HELP :eek:

I know this is a terrible time to be asking for help, but my bundle is due at the court on the 29th and I'm having a bit of a wobble!.....

I've just realised that on the schedule of charges I am claiming interest from the date the charges were incurred and not the date they were applied to my account, which was later. Do I need to to redo the schedule? It will mean tracing £8,000 worth of charges on 3 accounts over 6 years - and I haven't even started the photocopying yet!

I am no expert but I think you have done it correctly.

This is what it say's in the notes section of the Excel sheet.

"The turquoise boxes on the right hand side are for any interest you have been charged in the last six years. You need to enter a date, amount and account balance in columns G, H and I accordingly. The best date to use for the interest, is the last date of the interest charge period, e.g. for 1 April 2002 to 30 April 2002 a date of 30 April 2002 would be used. If this date is unavailable, use the date the interest appears on the statement. Enter the balance the account is showing at the date you are stating, using a minus figure for overdrawn balances"

I hope this helps

13/11/06 - Request for statements made by phone

18/11/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent by recorded first class post

21/11/06 - 10 duplicate statements received

22/11/06 - Letter from Abbey requesting £10 and a request to complete their form

15/12/06 - Received statements for last 6 years

18/12/06 - PRELIM LETTER sent

03/01/07 - LBA LETTER sent

17/01/07 - GOGW received & accepted as part payment

19/01/07 - N1 posted to Court

28/01/07 - Claim deemed served

30/01/07 - Abbey filed an acknowledgement to defend

17/02/07 - Received defence and offer of 50%

Thanks Karn.

If you have nothing better to do over the next few days would you mind glancing at my witness statement to see if it looks ok?

Have a good Christmas.

Claim Number: XXXXXXXX

Claimant: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Defendant: Abbey National PLC

In relation to : Bank charges applied to account numbers XXXXXX, XXXXXX & XXXXXX since 1st June 2000.

I, XXXXXXXXXXXXX, will say as follows:-

1. I am the Claimant in this case.

2. I make this Witness Statement in support of claim against the defendant.

3. I make this Witness Statement from information and facts within my own knowledge and which I believe to be true.

4. I have contracts with the defendant since before 1st June 2000. I am claiming the return of money taken by the defendant in the way of charges since 1st June 2000.

The bank's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law.

5. 8/6/06 Data Protection Act – Subject Access Request: Letter to defendant requesting complete list of transactions relating to all 3 bank accounts since 1st June 2000. £10 fee enclosed.

6. 3 identical letters dated 19/6/06 from defendant agreeing to send details currently held on system within 40 days, but that earlier transactions held on microfiche are not covered by the Data Protection Act.

7. 23/6/06 Data Protection Disclosure Request: Further letter to defendant requesting transaction details pointing out that they had been willing and able to provide other customers with transaction information for this period and drawing their attention to Smith v Lloyds TSB Bank PLC (2005) EWHC (Ch).

8. Letter dated 14/7/06 received from defendant stating information archived onto microfiche could not be provided as a computer printout, but stating that arrangements had been made for the microfiche records to be sent in due course.

9. 25/7/06 Letter to defendant requesting repayment of charges since 1/6/00 and pointing out that regime of 'fees' that the defendant had been applying my accounts in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations. Request for repayment of charges amounting to £7,941, part of which was estimated, plus interest of £2199.34. Schedule of charges enclosed with letter. 14 days given for the defendant to respond positively.

10. Standard holding letter dated 8/8/06 received from defendant together with Complaints Leaflet

11. 12/8/06 Letter before Action to defendant enclosing further copy of schedule of charges.

12. Holding letter dated 18/8/06 received from defendant, identical to letter dated 12/8/06. Complaints Leaflet enclosed.

13. Holding letter dated 25/8/06 received from claimant.

14. Holding letter dated 12/9/06 received from defendant, identical to letter dated 25/8/06.

15. 18/9/06 “Miscellaneous Fee Refunds” applied by defendant to all 3 accounts. Schedule of Charges amended accordingly.

16. 29/9/06 Form N1 completed and sent to court together with schedule of charges. £250 fee enclosed.

17. Notice of Issue received from court.

18. Letter dated 25/10/06 received from defendant enclosing copy of defence.

19. Notice that a Defence has been filed dated 31/10/06 received from court.

20. 8/11/06 Allocation Questionnaire completed and returned to court. £100 fee enclosed.

21. 11/11/06 Full list of transactions for account numbers XXXXXX and XXXXXX received from defendant fro period 30/5/00 to 27/6/05. Schedule of charges amended accordingly.

22. Letter from defendant dated 20/11/06 enclosing copy of defendant’s Allocation Questionnaire.

23. Notice of Allocation to Small Claims Court received dated 1/12/06.

24. 14/12/06 Letter to District Judge Peake pointing out that the defence received from the defendant is not complete in that the calculations required to prove the costs of the purported breach of contract are not included within the defence, and requesting that he order disclosure of the calculations which justify the charges in question that the Defendant may intend to use to defend the claim.

25. 21/12/06 email to defendant requesting payment in full within 7 days and agreeing to freeze interest at date of email if request complied with.

My claim is that the bank's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15.

I have repeatedly asked the bank to justify their charges but they have declined to do so. As reported on a recent BBC2 ‘The Money Programme’, three experts have researched for a period of time and their conclusion is that the maximum cost incurred to process a ‘bounced cheque’ is £4.50 and a ‘direct debit or unauthorised overdraft’ is £2.50. Therefore being charged £20-£35 for the same ‘service’ is unlawful.

I am claiming interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 1st June 2000 to 28th December 2006 of £2471.38 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £1.78 and for such rates and for such periods as the court deems just.

Statement of Truth

I believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true and exhibit Exhibits comprising of 02 pages.

29. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

i. The return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £2471.38 as set out on the attached list of charges.

ii. Court costs (court fee of £250, Allocation Questionnaire fee of £100).

iii. Defendants fee (£10 for copy transactions).

iv. interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 1st June2000to 28th Decemberof £2471.38as set out on the attached list of charge, and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £1.78 and for such rates and for such periods as the court deems just.

Please could you also confirm that the witness statement is part of the bundle and should be included on the index page.

Also, am I correct in assuming that I don't have to include docs such as the claim form and allocation questionnaire in the bundle?

Thanks Karn. I'll do that.

Also, Point 13 should read Defendant (not Claimant)?

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Oooh - well spotted, Armsoft!

Glad to have been of help:)

Perhaps you can do the same for me if/when I get a court date

Good Luck

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Another quick question about the witness statement:

On the last page one of the paragraphs reads:

Statement of Truth

I believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true and exhibit Exhibits comprising of ?? pages

Is ?? the total number of pages in the bundle (ie 197)?