Black Horse and Me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I was checking through my credit file as you do lol and was horrified when I saw the following. In 2008 we took out a secured loan with Black Horse for 25K but according to my credit file the starting balance was 35K. I rang BH to query this and was told the extra on top was for a PPI! I have since done a SAR and received the statements and need help in claiming this PPI back from them.

We cancelled the PPI not long after getting the loan but the statement is somewhat confusing as its states we were credited with the amount but the principle didn't show it and we have paid what BH called the contractual interest on it.

To be honest I would be really appreciate someone to look at the statements and point me in the right direction in regards to claiming it back.

BHstateONe.jpg

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af296/teed_off/BHStatTwo.jpg

Go back to Black Horse and they will send you a copy of the original agrement.It will show how much was PPi and what was interest on the £25,000 loan.Use same address but address it to Compliance and risk.I have a folder marked Black horse finance on my lap right now.It was the only reason I post, I dont post anymore.All this depressess me.

Hi Hanley

Thanks for your reply but BH already supplied the CCA.

It does give the amount for the PPI, I have uploaded the CCA and would really appreciate any help in regards to claining it back as I am struggling with it.

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af296/teed_off/BHAgreement.jpg

Hi teed off

OK here you go.

I've attached a couple of spreadsheets. "teed off ppi" is simply for your reference and shows the progression of your ppi part of the loan. At point of cancellation the balance on the ppi part of the account would have been £9,727.73. Lloyds rebated only £9,2,49.83 so you had overpaid the ppi by £477.90.

Your claim amount is shown in "teed off statutory int". You will be claiming each payment that went towards ppi plus statutory 8% interest. In addition you will be claiming the aforementiond overpayment plus statutory interest.

Download the consumer questionnaire from the fos website, complete it and send it to Lloyds with your letter of claim and the claim spreadsheet after you have completed the personal details in the blue section of the spreadsheet.

If they don't pay up you can either sue them (quick) or pass it to fos to deal with (slow).

Hope this helps

ims

teed_off ppi.xls

teed off StatutoryInt.xls

WOW Thanks ever so much for that, I was getting in a complete mess with it. One more thing tho, when I spoke to BH they said we were still paying contractual interest on the PPI even though we cancelled it. Would is be possible to claim this back as well?

Ims21 your an absolute star! xx

Hi teed off

I think they have given you some wrong info on the interest. Take a look at the statement you posted. Following the cancellation of the policy the interest charges dropped significantly. This is because the PPI part of the loan was no longer there so you did in fact stop paying interest on that part of the loan from the time of cancellation onwards.

Regards

ims

HI guys

Thanks ever so much for your responses. Yes I can see it now Ims, couldn't see the trees for the wood so to speak. I have downloaded the form an going to complete that this evening and will send it off tomorrow by special delivery.

Will keep this thread updated as and when I get any responses and see how my battle is progressing.

HI guys

Thanks ever so much for your responses. Yes I can see it now Ims, couldn't see the trees for the wood so to speak. I have downloaded the form an going to complete that this evening and will send it off tomorrow by special delivery.

Will keep this thread updated as and when I get any responses and see how my battle is progressing.

:thumb:

• Confused 1