Mortgage problem. Can anybody help?

sploits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I currently have a mortgage with Cheltenham and Gloucester. It is a joint mortgage with my now ex partner. I was planning on getting her name removed and solely taking on the mortgage on my own and C&G rang me about it to see what they could sort. They started running through some things and asked the value of the house. I told them a round about figure based on the price Zoopla advised. C&G then told me that the house was in negative equity so they wouldnt remove my ex partner from the mortgage and there was nothing else they could do. I was mortified :(

We have had the mortgage just over 3 years with C&G and we are out of the fixed term with them so not sure if that has any advantage. My ex is also being hard work on it as she doesn't want the break up but i do (I wont bore you with the details). She tells me IF I sorted the mortgage on my own then she would refuse to sign anything and then when I say we are over for good she says she will sign it and I need to sort it within a week (I know that is impossible).

So what are my options. I heard C&G offer negative equity mortgages but why didnt they mention that on the phone?

My dad has said he will be a garantour to the mortgage but as I'm not fully clued up with mortgages will this actually help?

If I can't sort anything then is it a case of having to sell the house (which i really don't want to do) and then having debt with C&G to clear the negative equity (split between me and my ex).

Sorry if it is a lot of questions. Its my first mortgage and my head is in the shed with it all :(

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p