Help in reclaiming mortgage fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I had a mortgage with Woolwich from October 1997 to July 2008. At the time of initially taking out the mortage in was in joint names with a former partner. When we split up in 1999, the mortgage was transferred into my sole name. We had a child so he contributed to the mortgage and that together with my salary and WFTC I was able to pay everything. Payments from my ex suddenly stopped and overtime got cut in work etc... so the problems began where some months i didnt have enough to cover mortgage payments. This coupled with problems with the Tax Credits just make the situation worse. I then lost my job and was out of work for about 3 - 4 months. I always contacted the mortgage provider and kept them aware of the position and made payments, albeit some of them werent for the full amount. Eventually I sold the property and redeemed the mortgage in full.

However, throughout the time when I was struggling there were continuall charges being applied to the account - £40 per month. At one point they also transferred the account to Litigation and I incurred a charge for this. There were also other additional charges for letters etc...

I've written to Woolwich and asked them for copies of all documentation they hold pertaining to my account whch I've received today - delivered by DHL no less ?! Anyway, having a look through it, there are a lot of charges that I just want to know can I try and reclaim these back from Woolwich - now Barclays ?

If I can, can anyone maybe point me in the right direction of how I should do this - is it better that I get a third party Agency on board to help ?

Thanks for your time everyone

Nov1974