SAR reply from Lloyds / CCS Collect - what now?

Poster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had some help on this forum in the past regarding this matter but I now need to know which step I should take next.

In 2003 I took out a loan with Goldfish (Lloyds) and couldn't afford the monthly repayments. They transfered the debt to a debt collection agency (CCS Credit) and I was paying back £60 a month from 2005 until last month.

I checked my credit report and it shows the debt on it but it is marked as "Settled" in 2005 and nothing more has been added to the entry since then.

CCS sent me an "offer" every 6 months claiming that if I paid them half the outstanding balance, they would clear the rest. This got me thinking, why are they being so helpful so I came here to ask and on that advice;

I sent a CCA request to the debt collectors and they told me they had no means of getting a CCA. Because of this, I stopped paying the debt collectors back. It appeared that CCS had bought the debt from Lloyds in 2005, Lloyds then marked the debt as "Settled" (even though it wasnt really) and havent done anything since.

I also SAR'd Lloyds and they sent me a letter last week confirming that they have no credit agreement for my file. All they had was a "statement" that showed my payments of £60 a month paying off a balance.

My question is: What now? It seems odd to me that if Lloyds sold the debt to CCS collect, why would they have a record of the payments I was making to them? CCS have already sent me a letter about missing the last payment.

The entry will drop off my credit file in November. Can Lloyds or CCS make any new updates against this entry seeing as it was settled in 2005? It also has no record of my payments to CCS even though Lloyds seem to have a record of it.

Help!

Hi there

It seems this debt was sold to CCS and at the time of sale Lloyds marked the debt as satisfied becausefrom their point of view it is.

When the debt is sold, all rights, terms etc etc passed to CCS and if you default on an arrangement with them then they can mark your credit file accordingly. Lloyds can't as it is no longer anything to do with them.

No idea why Lloyds should have a record of the payments to CCS. Incidentally, CCS should send you a statement at least annually. Have they been doing that?

ims

Hi there

It seems this debt was sold to CCS and at the time of sale Lloyds marked the debt as satisfied becausefrom their point of view it is.

When the debt is sold, all rights, terms etc etc passed to CCS and if you default on an arrangement with them then they can mark your credit file accordingly. Lloyds can't as it is no longer anything to do with them.

No idea why Lloyds should have a record of the payments to CCS. Incidentally, CCS should send you a statement at least annually. Have they been doing that?

ims

Hi,

Yeah they sent me one a few months ago. It just shows 12 monthly payments of £60. I have missed payments before during the last 5 years but nothing was added to my credit file about it. The entry has no record of any payments either. I just want to make sure that nothing is added so that the entry can drop of my file as it will be 6 years since any activity on it was recorded in November.

Hi,

Yeah they sent me one a few months ago. It just shows 12 monthly payments of £60. I have missed payments before during the last 5 years but nothing was added to my credit file about it. The entry has no record of any payments either. I just want to make sure that nothing is added so that the entry can drop of my file as it will be 6 years since any activity on it was recorded in November.

Seems all you need to do is NOT default on the arrangement you currently have.

ims

They don't have a CCA at all so the debt is not enforcable and I refuse to pay them any more money. If they haven't made an entry that I've been paying all these years, why would they update it now to say I haven't? Baring in mind that I have missed payments in the past and nothing has been updated then.

Can they even update an entry on my credit file once it's been marked as "settled"?

My aim from all of this was to find out where I stood and I wish I found out sooner that I had a non enforcable debt. Now that I know it, I would like the offer them a low F&F figure to clear the debt for good even though it seems like it will have no effect on my credit history and they won't be able to take me to court.