SCS strike again........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SCS strike again........

Potted history to date

In Sept 2008 we purchased a 2 seater and 3 seater double reclining leather suite from SCS in Preston. We had a 4 year Finance agreement with Creation Consumer Finance for £2660 of which £200 was a warranty with ‘Guardsman’. (Yes i believe it was sold as a treatment not a warranty but hey ho)

Within days of receipt we found staples had fallen out from underneath the reclining units and the recliners started to play up. Within a month our first complaint to SCS about the suite looking shabby, loosing bits and not operating properly had been dismissed. The finance company was told and they said to talk to SCS as it was them who had to correct the faults. (This communication is on file)

The numerous letters and phone calls between SCS and us were unfortunately not in any logical or specific order nor any copies kept. At the time it was thought that in due course the problem would be sorted.... I know very naive but that’s what we thought at the outset. After the eventual two visits from their ‘experts’ we lost the will to live with regard to complaining to the finance company and SCS.

The 3 seater recliner finally died in January 2011 so we listed all the faults and lodged a claim with guardsman for repair/replacement or whatever.

They offered £100, £300, £600, then eventually £960 because the three seater was beyond repair. They have not supplied any report but simply made their offers based on the damage that was obvious in the photographs that formed my claim.

I have tried to get some sort of report from Guardsman but they have only stated verbally that its not possible to repair or ‘to bring it up to a ‘pre-damaged condition’ due to lack of parts/materials from the manufacturer.

My question is if I accept Guardsman’s offer (just enough to pay the remaining finance incidentally) will this stop me claiming against SCS or the finance company.

If not what is the best route to take (assuming I regain the will to live and fight these money grabbing leeches on society)

Thanks in advance

MAS

• 1 month later...
I Have just read you post, Are you any further forward with the matter?

Guardsman have paid and want nothing more to do with it.

I'm not sure I have the spirit for a fight. Another one listed under 'experience'