red icon instead of green

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, do you think the government of Greece should come onto the forum asking for debt advice?

:-D

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Well, better late than never, here is my write up on rep points and user accounts, based on what I've gleaned from this thread. I hope it's helpful.

I think there could be some queries to iron out and I've indicated a couple of things I wasn't sure about. Hopefully the polished version will become a sticky.

My best, HB

How do reputation points and CAG user accounts work?

You may have noticed that your posts have green blobs under your username. If you hover your mouse over them, it shows your CAG status. You also have a black symbol at bit like a sheriff’s badge at the bottom of your posts, next to the black triangle. If you hover over this, it tells you how many reputation [rep] points you have.

Status

When you first join, you will be a novitiate with one green blob. As other CAG members give you positive feedback, your rep points will increase and so will the number of blobs you have. This is how rep feedback points will alter your status.

Novitiate 0-99 points

Informative 100 points

Highly informative 250 points

Authoritative 600 points

Highly authoritative 1000 points

Note: Martin, the only query I have is that you said I had 1100 points the other day, but I’m authoritative, not ‘highly’ when I last looked.

To view your feedback, look in your user control panel [CP]. It will show the last 10 feedback messages you have received, possibly with the name of the person and the date the feedback was left. If you click on the thread title, it will take you to the post that you left which earned you the feedback.

At the top of this list, there is also a grey bar that shows you the number of rep points you currently have.

The number of points you receive varies according to who leaves the feedback. The minimum is ?1 point, up to 30 points given by a member who has the maximum number of green blobs. Note: Martin, what is the maximum number of blobs please?

Negative feedback

Occasionally, negative feedback is given by a member of the site team and this leads to the loss of a green blob. For someone with only one green blob, it will turn red. Negative feedback is not given lightly and only after repeated warnings from the site team for posting content viewed as inappropriate, bad advice, flaming or disruptive. Other reasons can be spamming PMs, links or abuse.

Account status

When you join CAG, you will be a basic account holder. This is how accounts work.

Basic account 0-999 posts

Silver 1000-2999

Gold 3000-5999

Platinum 6000-9999

Royalties 10000-19999

Royalties gold 20000

Edited by honeybee13
Spacing.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 3 years later...

Most of the users with Authoritative status seem to be stuck on 11 greenies>

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Most of the users with Authoritative status seem to be stuck on 11 greenies>

There are 11 green blobs, Brig.. but if you check - they aren't all highlighted.. eg.. 6 of yours are brighter.. but only 5 of MrShed's are.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I don't recall ever seeing more than 11, Brig.

HB

I seem to remember when I first came to CAG that Cerberus (RIP) had two rows of greenies?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

There are 11 green blobs, Brig.. but if you check - they aren't all highlighted.. eg.. 6 of yours are brighter.. but only 5 of MrShed's are.

Still confused ( normal state) 2892 points awarded.

I don't understand the confusion, Brig !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I don't understand the confusion, Brig !

It's Terminal and catching CB!