Arrow Global (dept I don't owe, they claim I do)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Arrow Global wrote to me at my address of 5 years in October last year, saying I owed them £104 for an old orange contract I had. I stupidly called them to protest that the contract was closed and paid up to date. They said that would look into it? (That was 6 months ago) It prompted me to check my credit report and I discovered that they have registered a default at my old address. I recently wrote to them to dispute the outstanding balance and to ask for the true signed copy of the default notice. 10 days later I received a reply asking for "proof of my new address" they are asking for 2 forms of identification from a long list. They say this is due to the data protection act 1998. I assume, although not stated on the letter they need this before responding to my request? It's seems odd that they require this info as they contacted me at my address of 5 years. I'm just wondering how to reply? Do I supply the identification or apply more pressure to get the defaults removed?

In fairness the default comes of in January but feel this is matter of principle.

Any advice before I bang another letter would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Hi All

Arrow Global wrote to me at my address of 5 years in October last year, saying I owed them £104 for an old orange contract I had. I stupidly called them to protest that the contract was closed and paid up to date. They said that would look into it? (That was 6 months ago) It prompted me to check my credit report and I discovered that they have registered a default at my old address. I recently wrote to them to dispute the outstanding balance and to ask for the true signed copy of the default notice. 10 days later I received a reply asking for "proof of my new address" they are asking for 2 forms of identification from a long list. They say this is due to the data protection act 1998. I assume, although not stated on the letter they need this before responding to my request? It's seems odd that they require this info as they contacted me at my address of 5 years. I'm just wondering how to reply? Do I supply the identification or apply more pressure to get the defaults removed?

In fairness the default comes of in January but feel this is matter of principle.

Any advice before I bang another letter would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

If they have already written to you current address then they need no more proof.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This my suspicious mind makes me think that their records are out of date or incomplete and they are on a phising trip:fish2:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I suspected the same thing tbh, I think I'm going to reply saying they have all ready wrote to me at my current address, so won't be supplying the info and insist that they supply the data request or remove the default.

Thanks again

?? are there 2 threads running on this

Thanks cerbs I thought I was seeing double and i have only tee martoonies:!:

• 1 month later...

Hi All, Just a quick update, I ended up sending these fools proof of my address to get closure and a removal of the default. The accompaning letter was a hybrid between the Prove It letter and and a request for supporting documentation for the orginal issued "default notice". They have responded to say they have no obligation to supply the DN with no mention of proof of the alledged debt. The closing paragraph basically demands payment or else kinda thing, can these idiots read?

I have sent one final letter to request proof to the debt in question if they cannot provide this within 7 Days I have demanded that the default be removed from my credit report. I've got a feeling that they are going to reply with a load more c**p, so I think I'll be contacting the ICO. Is there anyone else I can complain to?

thanks

Tom

OFT and formal complaints to the other parties

Hi All,

Just thought I'd update anyone that is interested. On the advise of OFT I sent one final letter to the Arrow Global tewrps, see below:

"Dear Sirs

Thank you for your letter dated 21st June 2011.

I now understand that this “Service Agreement” is not regulated under the CCA 1974 so will not be pursuing with my request for a signed copy of the original credit agreement.

However you have failed yet again to provide proof of the alleged debt of £104.00 with Orange (Account Number: ) I will say again, this matter is fully disputed. I will also draw your attention to the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection(As quoted in previous correspondence), which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. Judging from the last paragraph in your recent correspondence, it would seem that your company believes it does not need to comply with the CPUTR 2008 guidelines. Any further demands for payment as per your previous letter will be reported to the Office of Fair Trading.

I will ask one final time that you provide proof this debt is still outstanding, if you cannot within the next 7 days could you please remove the default marker logged by Arrow Global with the credit reference agency as is unsubstantiated. If you could be so kind to write and confirm this matter is now closed and that my request has been carried out"

Response received is attached, as you can see these people are totally unprepared to deal with me. Complete utter t***sers. I have now sent a complaint to Tom Alexander Orange CEO/OFT and the ICO. I also BCC Arrow global on the e-mail I sent to Tom at Orange and backed it up with an e-mail to them saying what I'd done and who else I'm going to report them to. No response upto now:wink: Sit and wait I suppose.

Tom