Where to start?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm not really sure where to start with making a complaint/claim, but here is my story:

In 2005 I had loans/cards with LloydsTSB Bank and Barclaycard (taken out before 2005). I was told to take the PPI insurance on them when I took them out, however in August 2005 the company I was a minor director/shareholder (5%) of went into administration because of actions on the part of the managing director, and was liquidated some time later.

I struggled on, paying the loans after the company's administration, the trouble came when it became clear that the company would be liquidated and that I was not even going to get outstanding wages from the company, and I attempted to make a claim on the PPI with both Lloyds and Barclaycard. It took forever to even get a claim started, and was basically told on a phone call that the PPI did not cover me for my circumstances.

Following this, I was forced into an IVA - approved April 2006 (final payment made 2nd April 2011 - just waiting for completion documentation now), however I am still mad as hell because as far as I knew, the PPI SHOULD have covered me, and if they'd paid it out I would have been in a position 4 months later to restart payments and could have avoided the IVA.

I've been put through 5 years of torment, not to mention my previously excellent credit record destroyed because the PPI wasn't worth the paper it was written on!

Where do I stand with this, and what is the best way of raising this subject with the institutions involved?

Thanks

Colin

Edited by colinsmith
Just a small clarification

get reclaiming!

have a look at the excellent PPI FAQ PDF's on the FOS website!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I'm not really sure where to start with making a complaint/claim, but here is my story:

In 2005 I had loans/cards with LloydsTSB Bank and Barclaycard (taken out before 2005). I was told to take the PPI insurance on them when I took them out, however in August 2005 the company I was a minor director/shareholder (5%) of went into administration because of actions on the part of the managing director, and was liquidated some time later.

I struggled on, paying the loans after the company's administration, the trouble came when it became clear that the company would be liquidated and that I was not even going to get outstanding wages from the company, and I attempted to make a claim on the PPI with both Lloyds and Barclaycard. It took forever to even get a claim started, and was basically told on a phone call that the PPI did not cover me for my circumstances.

Following this, I was forced into an IVA - approved April 2006 (final payment made 2nd April 2011 - just waiting for completion documentation now), however I am still mad as hell because as far as I knew, the PPI SHOULD have covered me, and if they'd paid it out I would have been in a position 4 months later to restart payments and could have avoided the IVA.

I've been put through 5 years of torment, not to mention my previously excellent credit record destroyed because the PPI wasn't worth the paper it was written on!

Where do I stand with this, and what is the best way of raising this subject with the institutions involved?

Thanks

Colin

Im in the same boat as you more of less. PPI re- claims have been submitted post iva so will let you know how i get on. Mine completed in december and i have got my certificate of completion in march. It might be a good idea to wait till you have your certificate because otherwise any claims you make that are succsessfull, your creditors will no doubt put it towards outstanding as no certificate has been created therefore they still think theres outstanding balances. If that makes sence