Debt threat letters and over 6 yrs old HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Firstly hey to everyone again its been a while since I was last here for your help. Secondly, apologies if this post isnt in the correct forum, but after seeing the comapny names I thought this maybe best place.

Well several years ago CAG helped me gain my bank fees back, and also supported me in gaining a straightforward personally chosen Bankruptcy order. This is now approaching 5 yrs ago.

However since then my partner from the time and I have had a Civil Partnership and she has a few debt issues that are following us which we wish to clear up.

I wont try to go into too much detail but enough to help paint a picture all be it not so colourful.

We have been trying in vain to pay them off as much as we can afford, as we are now in a completely different state of circumstances than when we agreed the debt. We both had good full time jobs at this time, but now due to me having Cancer :!: and suffering its effects with treatment, I am currently on income related benefit, and my partner is unable to work and cares for me. I can hear all the cries of taxpayers woes, but i believe this is only a temporary situation as we are both taking steps and determined to regain full time employment again one day. I for one agree with the taxpayers woes when it comes to benefits and bludgers but thats another story.:-(

Anyhow going from a good income and getting credit, we are now in a situation of no income other than that of state benefits, all of which dont amount to enough to live on.

The debts listed are as follows:

B CARTER - MBNA - CREDIT CARD - £4427.74 - Paid £140 off via B CARTER (apx prior Jan 2007)

LOWELL - 3G MOBILE DEBT - £UNKNOWN AMOUNT - PAID £75 OFF via LOWELL (apx prior Jan 2007)

UK SEARCH - SIMPLY BE JD WILLIAMS - £128.96 - PAID £50 OFF via UK SEARCH (apx prior Sept 2007)

PENDING LETTER TO LOWELL - 3G MOBILE DEBT £208.89 - NOT PAID (apx prior Jan 2007)

NATWEST O/DRAFT AND LOAN DEBT - £UNKOWN - NOT BEEN CONTACTED TO DATE AT ALL

We are paying off B Carter - £10pm, Lowell £5.29pm initial 3G debt and UK Search - £10pm.

Looking at our current situation, we can say in the forceable future how long we will be on benefits, as my condition caused by treatment is lifelong. However I am aiming to return to work or study asap given what may happen with treatment etc.

Would my partner be able to write to the debtors in order to consider wiping the debt clear due to circumstances of income? (heard that there maybe a clause for low income and single parents who can request this).

Would voluntary Bankruptcy be an option, and can Legal Aid or charities assist in finding the costs related to such? ie I think I paid £400 plus £25 court costs.

Can we go down the route of the 6yrs statute barred if we continue as we are? (or does this not count as we have paid a certain amount off it indicates we accept the debt as ours??)

We are living in Sheltered Housing through our local Housing trust, and want to clean our slate in order to take some of the stress off our financial situation, and also to allow us to try and rebuilt credit in several years when our employment and health circumstances hope to be much better.

Sorry if this sounds a sob story, just need some advice.

:???:

pers i'd read seq's blog in my sig

dx

Want Debt Advice - read the excellent blogs by sequenci here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ries-Blog-Home

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For the debt to be statuted barred, there must be a clear 6 year period where NO payments have been made, also no CCJ has been obtained against you for the debt.

It would also be worth contacting your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau. They may know if there are any local funds that you can apply to, to help with bankruptcy fees.

Thanks for the link.

But i am still unclear as to whether you can take a statute barred for 6 yrs if u have made payments to the debt?

Also are there any low income assistance funds available to assist with bankruptcy?

Thanks again