• Tweets

• Hi With the Section 21 Notice I do hope the Landlord issued you with: Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the Property How to Rent Guide A current Gas Safety Certificate (if gas in the Property) If above have not been provided to the Tenant by the Landlord then they can't use a Section 21 Notice until the above have been provided (note you don't warn the Landlord of this until but put it in your defence) Have a good read of this link: Evicting tenants in England: Section 21 and Section 8 notices - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Information for landlords in England on tenant eviction: assured shorthold tenancies, including eviction notices, Section 21, Section 8, accelerated possession, possession orders, bailiffs  
    • good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Eviction order for 17th jan -** EVICTION STOPPED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I have a mortgage with Platform and through me losing my job have had problems paying.

We had a suspended order back in May and agreed under that to pay an extra £180 per month. We had a few problems in sept and missed the payment so therefore had a eviction order for October. Platform said the only way to stop this would be to pay a lump sum of £2000, which we did with help from parents and then to carry on paying the extra £180 until the arrears is cleared.

When we paid this payment in October I asked if our mortgage payment date could be changed from 25th to 1st as this would suit my husbands pay date better. On 2nd Dec I received a letter from platform to say the solicitors were asking the court for an eviciton order as the direct debit was rejected by our bank on 25th November. I called Platform and explained I had asked for the date to be changed. They called me back to say they have listened to recordings and cannot find a call where I have asked for this and the eviction would go ahead.

They have again, in Dec, attempted to take payment on the 25th incurring us bank charges.

What we need to pay to stop eviction is £2300 by the 17th. I am due a tax refund which will cover this but the Inland Revenue have said it will be 2-4 weeks before it is in my bank account.

Please could anybody offer any advice, Platform have said they won't move the eviction date.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, have you received an eviction notice yet? You will need to apply to the court on an N244 form to get a hearing to stop the eviction (I can help you with that), and I am confident, given what you have said, that the eviction will be cancelled.

Do you have anything from the tax office to prove you are due the rebate?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Send them an SAR and that should show up any calls you have made to them, as well as a history of the account. It's not uncommon that 'calls' and 'records' are lost when you try to remind them of verbal agreements or contact. Always put everything in writing and keep records of it for your own peace of mind. If they are adding fees to your account and not being reasonable then you should consider making a complaint to the FOS.

Thanks for your help. The tax thing is now irrelevant as I might not get it for some time.

What I am trying to put to them is that I bring the payments up to date by paying the amount due in Dec and jan which totals £960, this would bring my agreement up to date.

I spoke to the solicitors today to offer this and they told my that as I had missed the payments the total amount would need to be paid of £2263.64 to stop the repossession. I advised them I did not think this was fair as I did ask for the date to be changed which they agreed to and never did, I also called as soon as I received the letter to say the direct debit had been returned to pay and they advised they would still go ahead with repossession.

I have advised I will be filling out a N244 form and going to court if they do not agree to this and I'm waiting for the solicitor to call me back.

The eviction is set for 17th jan.

The solicitors have just called to say that Platform have no record of the call asking for the payment date to be changed so they would need payment in full.

If anybody could offer me further advice I would be grateful.

If you have statements (they're supposed to send you them regularly) the charges will be shown on there.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I've just been looking through my mail and I have a letter from Platform dated 06/05/10 which is when the payment plan was set up. It states that the mortgage subscription plus £180 commences on 25th may 2010 and is to be received by the 16th of each month.

Will this help me in any way.

I am not 100% sure and I am hoping that someoen with a bit more knowlege than me can calrify. If it was normal debt, then yes. Your best bet is the SAR which should reveal the call made regarding the chnage of date. This can then be matched to your list of out going calls. Are the payments (not all arrears) up to date albeit that the last one was late?

Hi there sorry to read about these problems your having,can you say,(a) what are your normal payments without the 180 on top (b) amount of arrears outstanding and © was the extra 180 your figure or were you pressured by Platforms reps into agreeing an extra 180 per month.

Hi jok, disputing the charges alone will not stop eviction especially as they have not been added into the arrears figure.You need to show the judge a proposal to make payments going forward which is what we will put in your N244.

As regards the charges, you need to write to the lender asking for the charges to be refunded (we have a letter for this), they will undoubtedly refuse, but you can then ask the FOS to take up your complaint.

Hi all, the payments are £306, arrears are £2356, mortgage balance is £48956.91 and I put forward the £180, although I was told by them they would only accept an offer if it would be cleared within 24 months.

Thanks Ell, I'm filling out the form tonight and handing it in tomorrow, I would grateful for any help on what to write.

Hi, I'll be back shortly - just finishing dinner

Ok thanks. I don't know if its also worth mentioning when the agreement to pay an extra £180 was made we had agreed with Platform to change our mortgage to interest only for 12 months so the mortgage payment and extra combined was around £370 then part way through our mortgage changed back to repayment making the total monthly payment £480

Hi there, need a bit more info before I can start to draft your statement for Q.10 of the N244.

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Do you have any children living at home?

Do you have the letter regarding the tax rebate?

You need to send in a budget sheet with the N244 and I have affixed the one we normally use - it calculates automatically as you fill it in so you can change figures to get the right result. Remember when filling it in that the amount you are offering towards the arrears is the amount left over after everything else has been accounted for.

Given that your arrears are not a great amount -£180 is a lot to offer each month in addition to the normal monthly payment - are you sure you can afford that? There is case law which we can use to support your case which gives the judge the power to order the arrears are paid over a longer period of time than the lender wants so you might want to consider lowering your offer.

Budget Sheet.xls

Hi, yes it is joint with my husband, we have no children. I've been told by the tax office the rayment amount may be incorrect so don't think I'll be bringing this up.

To be realistic and extra £100 is what we can afford so £406 in total.

When we agreed to pay an extra £180 under the suspended court order in May our mortgage amount was £168.80 so the total amount we were paying was £348.80, as they had agreed to switch to interest only prior to this. I did not know the interest only was for 12 months only so this meant from Sept it went back to repayment making our payment £306 (the mortgage amount) + £180 (the arrears) which was more then we could afford.

OK, fill out the budget sheet to show you only have £100 left over each month to pay towards the arrears (in Step 3 it will be the difference between your income and your outgoings). Let me know when you have done that. In the meantime I will write the statement for Q.10 of the N244. Back shortly.......

Hi there, what happened to the payment you were supposed to make on 1st December? if they tried to take it on 25th December was the money not there? (the judge will want to know why you didn't make the payment)